Graham in 2006
|Born||March 6, 1951|
Whitesboro, New Jersey, U.S.
|Education||Middle Township High School|
Hardin-Simmons University (B.S.W.)
Ball State University (M.Ed.)
|Occupation||Author, businessman, speaker|
|Known for||Relationship with Oprah Winfrey|
|Home town||Whitesboro, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Partner(s)||Oprah Winfrey (1986–present)|
Stedman Graham Jr. (born March 6, 1951) is an American educator, author, businessman, speaker and podcaster primarily known as the longtime partner of media mogul Oprah Winfrey. Graham and Winfrey were engaged to be married in November 1992, but later decided they would rather have a "spiritual union".
Early life and education
Graham was born on March 6, 1951, in the Whitesboro section of Middle Township, New Jersey, the son of Mary Jacobs Graham and Stedman Graham Sr. He is one of six children. He stands 6 feet 6 inches tall. He received a bachelor's degree in social work from Hardin-Simmons University in 1974 and a master's degree in education from Ball State University in 1979. Graham played college basketball at Hardin-Simmons.
Graham eventually moved to High Point, North Carolina to establish himself in public relations. At B & C Associates, Graham worked on behalf of black causes and worked with many distinguished clients, including author Maya Angelou and South African activist Winnie Mandela.
He is also founder of Chicago, Illinois's AAD (formerly, Athletes Against Drugs), a non-profit organization that provides services to youth and has awarded over $1.5 million in scholarships since its founding in 1985. It also arranged for sports figures to educate children about substance abuse.
Graham has delivered speeches at many public and private schools on the topics of identity and self-awareness.
Graham is the author of several self-help and business-related books, including:
- The Ultimate Guide to Sport Event Management and Marketing (1995).
- You Can Make It Happen: A Nine Step Plan for Success (1997)
- You Can Make It Happen Every Day (1998)
- Teens Can Make It Happen: Nine Steps for Success (2000)
- Teens Can Make It Happen Workbook (2001)
- The Ultimate Guide to Sports Marketing (2001)
- Build Your Own Life Brand!: A Powerful Strategy to Maximize Your Potential and Enhance Your Value for Ultimate Achievement (2002)
- Move Without the Ball: Put Your Skills and Your Magic to Work for You (2004)
- Who Are You? (2005)
- Diversity: Leaders Not Labels: A New Plan for the 21st Century (2006)
- Identity: Your Passport to Success (2012)
Graham was the constant companion of WFLD-TV anchor Robin Robinson from 1982 to 1985.
Graham has been the subject of much publicity since 1986, most notably through tabloid articles claiming to chronicle his ongoing relationship with Winfrey. Graham has been with Winfrey since 1986.
- About Stedman Graham – Bio, S. Graham & Associates, retrieved 2011-05-26
- "Cover Story: Her Man Stedman – Vol. 38 No. 21". November 23, 1992.
- Mariott, Michel (February 26, 1997). "'They Used to Call Me Oprah's Boyfriend'". New York Times. Retrieved October 24, 2017.
- "Pure Edge - Home". Archived from the original on 2015-10-07.
- "'I love you for making the difference in my life': Stedman Graham pays heartfelt tribute to partner Oprah Winfrey". Daily Mail Online. May 25, 2011. Retrieved April 6, 2012.
The couple have been together since 1986
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Stedman Graham|
- Stedman Graham's home page
- Stedman Graham's Charity AAD home page
- Stedman Graham on IMDb
- Stedman Graham Profile Page – Video clip, book listings, speaking topics.
- Stedman Graham's ExecutiveBiz Executive Spotlight Interview – Executive Spotlight Interview
-  Sally Duros: An interview with Stedman Graham
- Stedman Graham – Who Are You
- CNN LARRY KING LIVE Interview With Stedman Graham