the white label web2.0 online data management company.
|Christophe Camborde, Chairman and managing director, Founder
Yannick Lacastaigneratte, Chief Operating Officer, Founder
Arnaud Roudsovsky,Research & Development Director, Founder
Number of employees
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2008)|
Steek is a private technology company based in France which provides integrated online multimedia data storage, file sharing, and automated backup services to telecom operators, ISPs, and portals. Its services include online file hosting and file sharing.
Steek was founded in 2001 with a mission to develop data management products for the individual consumer and for small and medium-sized businesses (SOHO market). The Steek team dedicated the company's initial two years exclusively for research and development. Intense work began, geared toward producing powerful and user-friendly data management tools.
In 2004, Steek launched the first offer intended for the SOHO market. Yellow Backup is a data management service which capitalizes on the increasing profusion of broadband networks in major companies.
In 2005, Steek developed a service for the customers of a telecom network. By applying its research on this type of product, Steek develops its expertise in cooperation with major partners. Mid-year, Steek unveils a data sharing tool scheduled for implementation at Neuf Cegetel by year's end.
In 2006, Steek raised a Series A round of €2.5 million  from Innovacom and gets first developments with international partners. Steek was also one of the 47 Best Innov of the 13th edition of Capital IT in Paris.
On February 15, 2007, Steek launched SteekR a retail online storage and sharing space and provides Orange's portal Voila.fr a similar solution called "MaClé". At the end of 2007, Steek provides Netvibes an online file storage and sharing service. Fully integrated in the new Ginger version of the Netvibes site, the service will be available on the personalized pages of Netvibes users as well as in Netvibes universes. Steek provides Orb with online storage in order to allow Orb's user to stream their content without using their PCs. Steek partners with PNY in order to provide additional online storage to the storage USB key bought by retail customers.
Steek currently has over 1.4 million users.
At the beginning of 2008, Steek announced that the company will operate only under the "Steek" brand name and that the Agematis name will no longer be used. In April, Steek announced a new version SteekR V2 of its online storage and sharing space.
F-Secure officially discontinued SteekR service on December 31, 2011. 
Steek's products include:
- SteekUP: Automated Online Backup. SteekUP secures, protects, and continuously updates all the end-user personal data.
- SteekR: Online Convergent Hard Drive. SteekR allows the end-user to store, access, share and run multimedia and data files from anywhere. With SteekR, users can:
- Store music, photos, videos and data files online and access them anywhere.
- Use a mobile or IP TV to access stored files
- Stream and play multimedia files in a browser, anywhere and anytime with no downloading required.
- Use SteekR content to populate a blog or an RSS feed.
- "interview of François-Xavier Rousselot, Neuf Cegetel". Youtube. August 30, 2007.
- "Neuf Telecom lance 'Neuf giga' -un service de stockage (in french)". Silicon. February 2, 2006.
- "Agematis a conçu Neuf Giga à partir de Steek, pour Neuf Cegetel (in french)". Neteco. September 25, 2007.
- "Stockage en ligne : Agematis lève 2,5 millions d'euros (in french)". Journal du net. January 15, 2007.
- "Innovacom Enterprise Software portfolio". Innovacom. May 11, 2007.
- "Retour en force de l'internet à Capital IT (in french)". Neteco. April 26, 2006.
- "Steekr eAR". Steek. February 8, 2007.
- "Orange se met au Web 2.0 et Voila au stockage en ligne (in french)". Echos du net. July 20, 2007.
- "Agematis to provide Netvibes with personal online storage technology for its millions of users". Reuters. December 12, 2007.
- "Orb and Steek demonstrate "Orb Online"". Steek. August 31, 2007.
- "PNY associe clé USB et stockage virtuel (in french)". Silicon.fr. July 19, 2007.
- "Steek Communication Release". Steek. March 10, 2008.
- "Steek annonce la version 2 de SteekR, sa solution de stockage et de partage de fichiers en ligne. SteekR V2 facilite l'accès aux contenus numériques et accentue son orientation Web 2.0. (in french)". Zataz. March 25, 2007.
- "Press release of the acquisition of Steek by F-.Secure". F-Secure. July 10, 2009.
- "Service announcement to users by email newsletter". F-Secure. October 6, 2011.
- "Easy online backups". Mac World. November 6, 2007.