This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|ApS (Anpartsselskab): private limited company|
|Industry||Video game industry|
|Ehtisham Rabbani (CEO)|
Tino Soelberg (CTO)
Rene Andersen (CFO)
Rune Berendtsen (CIO)
Zach B. Hill
|Products||Gaming peripherals and accessories: headsets, mice, keyboards, controllers, and gaming surfaces|
SteelSeries (styled as steelseries) is a Danish manufacturer of gaming peripherals and accessories, including headsets, keyboards, mice, and gaming surfaces.
SteelSeries was founded in 2001 by Jacob Wolff-Petersen. The company's original name was Soft Trading, and it was changed to SteelSeries in 2007. Soft Trading made the Icemat and SteelPad mouse mats, the latter of which influenced the company's eventual name change. In 2008, SteelSeries acquired Ideazon, a North America-based developer and manufacturer of gaming peripherals.
Michael von Essen-Mueller, the company's first CEO, helped the company establish its brand and grow to a global footprint. In 2007, SteelSeries hired Bruce Hawver as CEO. The company saw tremendous growth over the next five years as it expanded its portfolio and channels, developed the SteelSeries Engine platform, and added partnerships across the e-sports and the gaming ecosystem 
In 2012, SteelSeries received investments of undisclosed amounts from U.S.-based private equity firm Catterton Partners and China-based private equity firm ClearVue Partners.
Team and player sponsorships
SteelSeries supports a number of electronic sports teams and individuals through sponsorships and community support. Sponsored teams include FaZe Clan, Evil Geniuses, Vitality, EDward Gaming, Alliance, among others. Past sponsorships include Manuel "Grubby" Schenkhuizen and Tom "Tsquared" Taylor in 2011.
SteelSeries has held partnerships with some of the gaming industry's most recognizable brands including Blizzard Entertainment, Electronic Arts, Hewlett-Packard, Gunnar Optiks, Valve Corporation, and MSI.
- "How to bootstrap from zero to 50 million $: SteelSeries founder Jacob Wolff-Petersen" (Interview). Whiteboardmag.com. Retrieved 2014-10-03.
- "Soft Trading ApS Changes Name To SteelSeries ApS" (Press release). SteelSeries.com. Archived from the original on 2014-10-06. Retrieved 2014-10-03.
- "Gaming Accessories Industry Just Got Better, as SteelSeries Acquires Ideazon Inc. in an Asset Transaction" (Press release). Businesswire.com. 2008-07-29. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- Coldewey, Devin (2008-07-29). "Steelseries acquires Ideazon; bigger, better accessories forthcoming". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "SteelSeries Appoints Bruce Hawver New Chief Executive Officer". GamesIndustry.biz. Retrieved 2018-01-08.
- "SteelSeries Takes On The U.S Gaming Market". Twice. Retrieved 2018-01-08.
- "News - PAX 2009 Interview: SteelSeries CEO Bruce Hawver". Co-Optimus. Retrieved 2018-01-08.
- "The Official Website for TechtalkRadio - Audio Interview with Bruce Hawver of SteelSeries". TechtalkRadio. Retrieved 2018-01-08.
- "SteelSeries to unveil line of gaming headsets at E3 2013". Engadget. Retrieved 2018-01-08.
- "ClearVue Partners Completes Investment in SteelSeries" (Press release). cvcap.com. 2012-09-01. Retrieved 2014-10-03.
- "SteelSeries Announces Exclusive Sponsorship of Professional Gamer, Manuel Grubby Schenkhuizen" (Press release). Reuters. 2011-04-02. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Steelseries And Major League Gaming Announce Partnership And Collaboration" (Press release). Gamasutra. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "SteelSeries Announces Sponsorship of Professional Halo 3 Player, Tom `Tsquared` Taylor" (Press release). Reuters. 2011-10-14. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "Steelseries Prepares Players For The Launch Of Blizzard Entertainment'S Starcraft® Ii: Wings Of Libe" (Press release). bit-tech.net. 2010-06-24. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "SteelSeries and EA Introduce iOS and Android Headset for Real Racing 3" (Press release). Prweb.com. Retrieved 2014-03-04.
- "HP unveils a new class of Windows 10 gaming devices". Windows Experience Blog. 2016-08-16. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "SteelSeries GUNNAR Optiks Desmo Review". VGRevolution. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "SteelSeries and Valve® Corporation Introduce the SteelSeries QcK+ DotA 2 Edition" (Press release). Sys-con.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.