From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Steel is a metal alloy that is composed principally of iron and carbon.
Steel may also refer to:
Specific iron alloys
- Low alloy steel, steel alloyed with other elements
- Carbon steel, also called plain carbon steel, a combination of iron and carbon
- Damascus steel, a variety of steel used between 900 and 1600 for making swords
- Stainless steel, a variety of steel containing at least 10.5% chromium
- Steel grades, to classify steels by their composition and physical properties
- AISI steel grades, American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) standard steel grades
Other metal objects
- Firesteel for generating of sparks by impacts with flints
- Sharpening steel, a rod used for realigning the microscopic edge of blades
- Steel guitar, a special type of guitar and a special way of playing it
- Steel, a device held against the strings when playing a steel guitar
- Sword, sometimes termed "steel" in certain cultures
- Steel belt, used in many industries such as food, chemical, wood processing and transportation.
- Steel abrasive, loose particles used for blast cleaning or to improve the properties of metal surfaces
- "Steel" (The Twilight Zone), a 1963 episode of The Twilight Zone
- Steel (comics), a name used by several fictional characters owned and published by DC Comics
- Steel (1997 film), a 1997 American film starring Shaquille O'Neal and Annabeth Gish based on the DC Comics character
- Steel (1933 film), a 1933 Italian drama film directed by Walter Ruttmann
- Steel (1979 film), a 1979 film.
- Steel (band), a power metal project by Dan Swanö and Opeth members
- Steel type Pokémon, variety of fictional Pokémon creatures
- Steel Brightblade, fictional character in the Dragonlance novels
- Steel (TV channel), an Italian TV channel
- Pittsburgh Steelers, A Professional American Football team based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Southern Steel, a New Zealand netball team
- Steel (pusher), a Finnish pusher vessel
- Steel (web browser), a defunct web browser for Android
- Steele (disambiguation)
- Steal (disambiguation)
- Dr. Steel (disambiguation)
- Steel Town (disambiguation)
- De Stijl
- Sapphire & Steel, British television series
- British Steel (album), album by Judas Priest
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Steel.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.