Steel Division: Normandy 44
|Steel Division: Normandy 44|
|Release||May 23, 2017|
Multiplayer video game|
Single-player video game
The game takes place in Normandy, France during the Second World War. It depicts the battles fought between the Allies and Germany, as the Allies push out of their invasion beachheads following the Normandy landings. A wide variety of military forces are represented, including those of Canada, Germany, France, Poland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Players take control of historical units, based on the divisions that fought during the fighting in Normandy, and then choose from a set of units before the start of a match. Once the game is underway, the player can call in units from the selected deck. The matches are sub-divided into three phases, with more powerful units only becoming available after a certain point in the game. Steel Division: Normandy 44 features three single player campaigns, and up to 10v10 online multiplayer battles.
- "Enlist Today for the Steel Division: Normandy 44 Release in May". Gamasutra. April 4, 2017.
- "Steel Division: Normandy 44 'Briefing' trailer reveals May launch date". PCGamer. April 5, 2017.
- "Steel Division: Normandy 44 is a 'real-time tactical' time machine to World War II". Destructoid. March 6, 2017.
- "Steel Division: Normandy 44 Announced". Paradox Forums. March 1, 2017.
- Tarason, Dominic (July 25, 2018). "Eugen's WW2 RTS Steel Division begins an offensive on the sequel front". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved July 27, 2018.