This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||Red Alert|
|Origin||Norwalk, Connecticut, United States|
|Past members||Chris Risola|
Steelheart started off as a rock band called Red Alert whose members included James Ward (bass), Chris Risola (lead guitar), Jack Wilkenson (drums) and Miljenko Matijevic ('Mike', vocals). Frank DiCostanzo joined as a rhythm guitarist and John Fowler replaced Jack Wilkenson. Steelheart released their self-titled debut album in 1990. The second single "I'll Never Let You Go (Angel Eyes)" reached No. 23 on the Billboard charts.
Steelheart's second album, Tangled in Reins, was released in 1992, reaching No. 144 on the Billboard charts. The single "Mama Don't You Cry" charted No. 1 in many East Asian Countries, including Hong Kong, leading to an Asian tour in September, 1992. Towards the end of their tour of Asia, Steelheart was asked by Slaughter to open for them at a show in Denver, Colorado on Halloween night, 1992. During the performance Matijevic was struck in the head by a lighting truss, knocking him to the ground face first and injuring his skull, jaw, nose, and spine.
in 1996 a revamped lineup of Steelheart emerged with guitarist Kenny Kanowski, bassist Vincent Mele and drummer Alex Makarovich, leaving Matijevic the only original member. The new Steelheart recorded and released the album Wait. Original member James Ward joined Steelheart on the tour supporting the album. Though the album failed to chart in the US, the track "We All Die Young" was featured in the motion picture Rock Star, starring Mark Wahlberg and Jennifer Aniston.
In 2016, Steelheart appeared at the three-day Rockingham 2016 melodic/hard rock festival with Marten Andersson from Lynch Mob and Lizzy Borden on bass, held in Nottingham, United Kingdom on October 22, as the headline act of the second day. Reviews of the band's performance were mixed.
- Miljenko Matijevic – lead vocals, rhythm and acoustic guitar, piano (1990–1992, 1996, 2006–present)
- Joe Pessia – lead and rhythm guitar (2017–present)
- Marten Andersson – bass (2016–present)
- Mike Humbert – drums, percussion (2006–present)
- Chris Risola – lead guitar, backing vocals (1990–1992, 2006–2014)
- Frank DiCostanzo – rhythm guitar, bass, backing vocals (1990–1992)
- James "Jimmy" Ward – bass, piano, backing vocals (1990–1992, 1996)
- John Fowler – drums, backing vocals (1990–1992; died 2008)
- Kenny Kanowski – lead guitar (1996; died 2017)
- Vincent Mele – bass (1996)
- Alex Makarovich – drums (1996)
- Bill Lonero – lead guitar (2008)
- Timm Hamm – bass guitar (2013-2015)
- Jack Wilkenson – drums (1990)
- John Moss – lead guitar (1991)
- Rev Jones – bass (2007–2016)
- Uros Raskovski – lead and rhythm guitar (2006–2008, 2009–2010, 2014–2017)
- Steelheart (1990)
- Tangled in Reins (1992)
- Wait (1996)
- Good 2B Alive (2008)
- Through Worlds of Stardust (2017)
- Just a Taste EP (2006)
|US Hot 100||US Main Rock|
|1990||"Can't Stop Me Lovin' You"||—||—|
|1991||"I'll Never Let You Go"||23||24|
|"Everybody Loves Eileen"||—||34|
|1992||"Mama Don't You Cry"||—||—|
|2008||"Good 2B Alive"||—||—|
|2011||"Black Dog" (Led Zeppelin cover)||—||—|
|2017||"Got Me Runnin"||—||—|
|"Lips of Rain"||—||—|
|2006||Steelheart – Still Hard||—|
- "Artist Biography". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2017-04-12.
- "Meet The Band". www.steelheart.com.
- "Steelheart I'll Never Let You Go Chart History".
- "Steelheart - Tangled In Reins". Discogs.
- "Steelheart - Biography & History - AllMusic". AllMusic.
- "Steelheart - Biography - Billboard". www.billboard.com.
- "Rockingham 2016". Songkick.