Steenerson Township, Beltrami County, Minnesota
|Steenerson Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||36.3 sq mi (94.0 km2)|
|• Land||36.3 sq mi (94.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,227 ft (374 m)|
|• Density||0.8/sq mi (0.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0665705|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.3 square miles (94.0 km²), all of it land.
- Thorhult at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Rosebud Cemetery.
As of the census of 2000, there were 28 people, 11 households, and 8 families residing in the township. The population density was 0.8 people per square mile (0.3/km²). There were 28 housing units at an average density of 0.8/sq mi (0.3/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 89.29% White, 3.57% African American and 7.14% Native American.
There were 11 households out of which 18.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.6% were married couples living together, 9.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 18.2% were non-families. 18.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.55 and the average family size was 2.67.
In the township the population was spread out with 17.9% under the age of 18, 7.1% from 18 to 24, 14.3% from 25 to 44, 39.3% from 45 to 64, and 21.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 55 years. For every 100 females there were 100.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 155.6 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $13,750, and the median income for a family was $12,500. Males had a median income of $38,750 versus $6,250 for females. The per capita income for the township was $10,075. None of the population and none of the families were below the poverty line.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Steenerson Township total population
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 40.