Stefan Ackerie (born 1941), usually known by the mononym Stefan, is a businessman, millionaire and hairdresser from Brisbane, Australia. He was born in 1941 in Batroun, Lebanon. His family migrated when he was 15 to Adelaide, South Australia, where he trained as a hairdresser and learned to speak English at nightschool. He owns a chain of approximately fifty hairdressing salons throughout Queensland and New South Wales, as well as the Brisbane restaurant Jo Jo's, a large thematic restaurant and bar previously located above the Queen Street Mall, now in a south Brisbane and Stefan's boating world in Coomera on the Gold Coast. Stefan's Brisbane headquarters is located in South Brisbane, underneath the Skyneedle, a prominent landmark which Stefan bought in order to prevent it being moved overseas after World Expo '88. The company is also known to be planning expansion into Hong Kong.
Stefan was a finalist in the 2004 Australian of the Year awards. He is also a keen power boat racer and holds the records for the fastest crossing of Bass Strait and the fastest crossing of the Straits of Malacca.
Stefan lives in Brisbane. He has two sons, Mike and Steven Ackerie. In the 1980s he had a highly publicised relationship with Australian journalist Liz Hayes. In 2009, he began a relationship with his long-time personal assistant, Rose King, who now manages Jo-Jo’s Restaurant along with her daughter Jess King. 
- Lindsay, Cat. "The life story and photos of Stefan Ackerie". Retrieved 27 November 2016.
- "South Bank Corporation Board". Archived from the original on 5 May 2005. Retrieved 20 October 2018. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "2013 Queensland Greats recipients". Queensland Government. Archived from the original on 31 May 2017. Retrieved 31 May 2017. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- National Australia Day Council - Australian of the Year Award
- Stefan - History
- "New Love for Stefan Ackerie". The Courier Mail. 9 May 2009. Retrieved 27 November 2016.
|This Australian business biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|