University of Utrecht
|Doctoral advisors||Henk van Tilborg
Dr. Stefan Brands is the founder of Credentica, which in 2008 sold its U-Prove technology to Microsoft. Earlier licensees included DigiCash and Zero-Knowledge Systems. Brands has served as adjunct professor of McGill University (2000–2010) and advisory board member of the Electronic Privacy Information Center.
- Credentica web site. Credentica.com. Retrieved on 29 November 2011.
- Heath, William. (4 April 2008) Microsoft lines up with the good guys on identity tech. The Register. Retrieved on 29 November 2011.
- Bright, Peter. (3 March 2010) Microsoft open-sources clever U-Prove identity framework. Ars Technica. Retrieved on 29 November 2011.
- How DigiCash Blew Everything, NEXT magazine, January 1999
- “Minting” electronic cash by David Chaum and Stefan Brands, in: IEEE Spectrum special issue on electronic money, February 1997
- Zero-Knowledge Systems: Press Release. Replay.waybackmachine.org (7 April 2000). Retrieved on 29 November 2011.
- Wall Street Journal: Zero-Knowledge Is Hoping to Cash In On Move to Anonymous Funds for Web. Wall Street Journal. Retrieved on 03 October 20151.