Stefan Jarl in 2013.
18 March 1941 |
|Spouse(s)||Anette Lykke Lundberg|
Stefan Jarl (born 18 March 1941) is a Swedish film director best known for his documentaries. He made the Mods Trilogy, three films which follow a group of alienated people in Stockholm from the 1960s to the 1990s, They Call Us Misfits (1968), A Respectable Life (1979) and Det sociala arvet (1993). A Respectable Life won the 1979 Guldbagge Awards for Best Film and Best Director. Jarl also wrote and directed Jag är din krigare (1997), and directed Terrorists: The Kids They Sentenced (2003), The Girl From Auschwitz (2005), and Submission (2010), a documentary about the "chemical burden" of synthetics and plastics carried by people born after World War II.
- They Call Us Misfits (Dom kallar oss mods)
- A Respectable Life (Ett anständigt liv, 1979)
- Det sociala arvet (1993)
- Jag är din krigare (1997)
- Terrorists: The Kids They Sentenced (Terrorister - en film om dom dömda, 2003)
- Submission (Underkastelsen, 2010)