Stefan Persson (magnate)
Stefan Persson in 2010
4 October 1947 (age 71)|
|Education||University of Stockholm|
|Known for||Chairman of H&M|
|Net worth||US$18.9 billion (June 2017)|
|Spouse(s)||Carolyn Denise Persson|
|Relatives||Lottie Tham (sister)|
Carl Stefan Erling Persson (Swedish: [ˈsteːfan ˈpæːʂɔn]; born 4 October 1947) is a Swedish business magnate. In March 2013, Forbes reported Persson's net worth as $28 billion making him the richest of Sweden's 12 billionaires and the 17th richest person in the world; he has since dropped to number 80. Persson is the chairman and main shareholder in fashion company H&M, which was founded by his father Erling Persson in 1947. Persson took over the company from his father in 1982 and served as its manager until 1998. Persson also owns a substantial stake in the Swedish technology company Hexagon AB. Through his privately held real estate company Ramsbury Invest, Persson owns a large number of properties in London, Paris and Stockholm.
According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Persson had a net worth of US $31.9 billion in 2014, making him the 17th richest person in the world at the time.
Persson is a founder of the Mentor Foundation, a nonprofit organisation that aims to combat substance abuse among young people. He is a supporter of Djurgårdens IF and is co-funding a foundation for the club. Persson enjoys downhill skiing, tennis and golf. He owns properties in London, Paris and Stockholm and, in 2009, acquired the 21-cottage village of Linkenholt in Hampshire, England.
Persson lives in Stockholm, Sweden, with his second wife, Carolyn Denise Persson. They have three children. In 2009, his son, Karl-Johan Persson, took over as president and chief executive of H&M. Their other two children, Tom Persson and Charlotte Söderström are also billionaires.
- "The World's Billionaires". Forbes. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- Forbes Billionaires Sweden 2013
- Forbes The World's Billionaires
- "Stefan Persson". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-12-26.
- "Stefan Persson". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved 25 September 2010. (subscription required)
- "Bloomberg Billionaires Index". Bloomberg LP. Archived from the original on 14 December 2012. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Iwanowski, Frank (June 7, 2014), Stefan Persson Net Worth, Celebrity