Lorna Michelle Stefanie Martini|
6 October 1990
|Residence||Finsbury Park, London|
|Education||Churchill Academy and Sixth Form (2002–2009)|
|Relatives||1x brother, 1x sister|
Stefanie Martini (born 6 October 1990) is an English actress, known for her leading role in ITV's 2017 production, Prime Suspect 1973. She also starred in Doctor Thorne (2016) and Crooked House (2017).
Life and career
Born in Bristol, Martini was raised in villages in North Somerset by her mother and father. Having starred in local youth plays with Winscombe Youth Theatre and undertaken the two week induction at the National Youth Theatre, with an interest in illustration post A Levels at Churchill Academy and Sixth Form, she began an arts foundation course. However, a teacher suggested that if she was interesting in acting, then she should try it. After failing to get into RADA on her first attempt, Martini joined a one-year programme at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, where the company wrote their own plays which were then performed in local schools. She was subsequently accepted into RADA the following year.
During Martini's third year at RADA, she played the supporting role of a suspect in an episode of Endeavour. In 2016, she starred as Mary Thorne in Doctor Thorne, and Princess Langwidere in NBC's Emerald City. Martini portrayed the lead role of Jane Tennison in ITV's 2017 production Prime Suspect 1973. She also played Sophia de Haviland in the 2017 film Crooked House, an adaptation of the Agatha Christie novel of the same name.
|2017||Crooked House||Sophia de Haviland|
|Hurricane||Phyllis Lambert||Upcoming film|
|2019||Make Up||Jade||Upcoming film|
|2016||Endeavour||Georgina Mortmaigne||Episode: "Prey"|
|Doctor Thorne||Mary Thorne||Main role|
|Emerald City||Princess Langwidere||Recurring role|
|2017||Prime Suspect 1973||Jane Tennison||Main role|
Awards and nominations
|2018||International Achievement Recognition Awards (IARA)||Best Young Actress||Prime Suspect 1973||Pending|||
- Early, Chas (9 March 2017). "Who is Stefanie Martini? All you need to know about the Prime Suspect 1973 actress". BT TV.
- "Theatre and ITV superstar Stefanie Martini on being a goth, London and homemade cards". 23 February 2016.
- website, Churchill Academy & Sixth Form. "Churchill Academy & Sixth Form: Welcome back Stefanie Martini". www.churchill-academy.org.
- "Burgeoning TV actress returns to her North Somerset school".
- "Interview: Prime Suspect 1973''s Stefanie Martini". The Scotsman. 25 February 2017. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- "Spotlight on breakout actress Stefanie Martini". Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Tennison cast list: Stefanie Martini to play the young Jane Tennison in Prime Suspect prequel". Radio Times. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- Wiseman, Andreas (September 13, 2016). "Agatha Christie thriller Crooked House underway". Screen Daily. Retrieved September 14, 2016.
- "IARA Nominees 2018".
|This article about a British television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|