|Born||1981 (age 40–41)|
|Education||Colorado State University, Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London|
|Notable work||Dear Data|
Posavec graduated from Colorado State University with a Bachelor of fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Graphic Design. In 2004, she went on to receive a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Communications Design at Central Saint Martins (CSM) College of Art and Design at the University of the Arts London (UAL). Posavec credits her experience at CSM with cultivating her interest in data.
After receiving her M.A., Posavec worked as a book cover designer and a freelancer for data-related design projects.
In 2010, Posavec helped design and collect data for the cover art featured on OK Go's album, Of the Blue Colour of the Sky. She was the 2013 Facebook Artist in Residence, creating the piece "Relationship Dance Steps."
Posavec also co-authored Dear Data with Giorgia Lupi in 2016. Dear Data is a culmination of a year-long project translating personal data into hand-drawn visualizations. The book was designated "Most Beautiful" at the Kantar Information is Beautiful Awards in 2015 and was nominated for the Design Museum’s "Designs of the Year" award in 2016. In 2016, Dear Data was acquired by the Museum of Modern Art as a part of its permanent collection.
Her work is exhibited at various museums and art houses, including the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York, the Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil in Rio de Janeiro, the Science Gallery in Dublin, and the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
- "Stefanie Posavec".
- "Dear Data".
- Andy Kirk (2016-06-20). "Six questions with... Stefanie Posavec". Visualizing Data.
- "The Facebook Artist in Residence Program: Art and the Corporate Life". Art Business.
- Stefanie Posavec. "Facebook Art Residency: Relationship Dance Steps".
- "Telling stories with data: Introduction to hand-drawn data visualisation". The Guardian.
- Nicola Davis (2016-08-21). "Can you get to know a person through data alone?". The Guardian.
- "Dear Data". Information is Beautiful Awards.
- Lupi, Giorgia; Posavec, Stefanie (2016-11-22). "Dear Data has been acquired by MoMA, but this isn't what we are most excited about". Medium.
- Paolo Ferrarini (2017-01-03). "Dear Data Postcard Project". Cool Hunting.
- "Giorgia Lupi, Stefanie Posavec Dear Data: Week 45 (I Am Sorry / A Week of Sorry-Apologies)". MoMA.