Sng Ee Tze
23 July 1978
|Alma mater||Nanyang Technological University|
Nadim van der Ros (m. 2011)
|Labels||Warner, Capitol, Wonderful, Universal|
Stefanie Sun (simplified Chinese: 孙燕姿; traditional Chinese: 孫燕姿; pinyin: Sūn Yànzī, born 23 July 1978) is a Singaporean singer-songwriter. In 2000, she released her debut album, Yan Zi, which won her a Golden Melody Award for Best New Artist. In 2004, she released her eighth studio album, Stefanie, which won her another Golden Melody Award for Best Mandarin Female Singer. Having sold more than 30 million records, she achieved popularity in mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia.
Life and career
Sun was born in Singapore on 23 July 1978. She attended Nanyang Primary School, St. Margaret's Secondary School, Raffles Girls' School, Saint Andrew's Junior College, and Nanyang Technological University, where she obtained a bachelor's degree of Marketing in 2000. During the college, she wrote her first song titled "Someone", which appeared on her 2002 album, Start. She also attended LWS School of Music, and her vocal talent was discovered by her mentor Paul Lee, who later introduced her to Samuel Chou, the chairman of Warner Music Taiwan at the time.
In May 2011, Sun married Nadim van der Ros, who is a Dutch Indonesian and the founder of Be An Idea, a part of The Good Bean Consultancy. They had secretly registered their marriage in March 2011. In October 2012, Sun gave birth to her son, followed by a daughter in July 2018.
- Yan Zi (2000)
- My Desired Happiness (2000)
- Kite (2001)
- Start (2002)
- Leave (2002)
- To Be Continued... (2003)
- Stefanie (2004)
- A Perfect Day (2005)
- Against the Light (2007)
- It's Time (2011)
- Kepler (2014)
- No. 13 – A Dancing Van Gogh (2017)
- Rainbow Bot (2016)
- 2000 Live Concert (2001)
- Start World Tour (2002)
- "About Be An Idea". Be An Idea. 1 December 2018.
- "The Good Bean Consultancy". xinmsn. 3 February 2012.
- "Stefanie Sun wedding". todayonline. 8 May 2011. Archived from the original on 13 May 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Stefanie Sun has given birth to a boy, 3.4 kg". The Straits Times. 31 October 2012.
- "Stefanie Sun gives birth to second child". Channel NewsAsia. 30 July 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stefanie Sun.|