|Also known as||Stefano|
February 27, 1989 |
Bellevue, Washington, U.S.
|Origin||Kent, Washington, U.S.|
|Genres||R&B, soul, pop|
Hollywood Records (2012-2013)
Langone was born on February 27, 1989 in Bellevue, Washington to Carrie and Ernie Langone. He was born to an Italian father and a Mexican mother. His father works as a career advisor at The Art Institute of Seattle and is also a singer and musician. Langone has been singing and playing the piano since childhood. He attended Emerald Park Elementary School, Meridian Junior High, and Kentwood High School, as well as Bellevue College, where he was given a full ride scholarship. He performed with Bellevue College's 'Celebration!' vocal jazz ensemble while he was a student there.
On May 28, 2009, he was involved in a near-fatal accident after being hit by a drunk driver. The accident resulted in two broken arms, a fractured pelvis, and other serious injuries. In addition, Langone had to re-learn to walk and has extensive scarring as a result of the accident.
On May 16, 2010, Langone was arrested on suspicion of DUI a year after the accident. He was later only charged with a lesser crime of first-degree negligent driving for which he pleaded guilty to negligent driving.
Langone auditioned for the tenth season of American Idol in San Francisco, California. He advanced to the Top 13 through a wild card selection by Jennifer Lopez. Langone was eliminated from the show on April 21, 2011, finishing in seventh place.
|Episode||Theme||Song choice||Original artist||Order #||Result|
|Audition||Auditioner's Choice||"I Heard It Through the Grapevine"||Marvin Gaye||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round, Part 1||First Solo||Not aired||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round, Part 2||Group Performance||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round, Part 3||Second Solo||"Sir Duke"||Stevie Wonder||N/A||Advanced|
|Las Vegas Round||Songs of The Beatles
|"Get Back"||The Beatles||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round Final||Final Solo||"Come Home"||Stefano Langone||N/A||Advanced|
|Top 24 (12 Men)||Personal Choice||"Just the Way You Are"||Bruno Mars||9||Wild Card|
|Wild Card||Personal Choice||"I Need You Now"||Smokie Norful||2||Advanced|
|Top 13||Your Personal Idol||"Lately"||Stevie Wonder||10||Safe|
|Top 12||Year You Were Born||"If You Don't Know Me by Now"||Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes||6||Safe|
|Top 11||Motown||"Hello"||Lionel Richie||5||Bottom 31|
|Top 112||Elton John||"Tiny Dancer"||Elton John||5||Safe|
|Top 9||Rock & Roll Hall of Fame||"When a Man Loves a Woman"||Percy Sledge||8||Bottom 33|
|Top 8||Songs from the Movies||"End of the Road" — Boomerang||Boyz II Men||3||Bottom 34|
|Top 7||Songs from the 21st Century||"Closer"||Ne-Yo||6||Eliminated|
- ^Note 1 When Ryan Seacrest announced the results for this particular night, Langone was among the Bottom 3, but declared safe second as Casey Abrams received the lowest amount of votes and was saved by the judges.
- ^Note 2 Due to the judges using their one save on Casey Abrams, the Top 11 remained intact for another week.
- ^Note 3 When Ryan Seacrest announced the results for this particular night, Langone was among the Bottom 3, but declared safe second as Pia Toscano was eliminated.
- ^Note 4 When Ryan Seacrest announced the results for this particular night, Langone was among the Bottom 3, but declared safe second as Paul McDonald was eliminated.
Following his elimination, Langone appeared on several talk shows. He appeared on Live with Regis and Kelly on April 25, 2011, as well as The Today Show on April 26, 2011. In addition, Langone appeared on The Rachael Ray Show along with Paul McDonald and Pia Toscano on May 25, 2011. The following summer, Langone toured with the American Idols LIVE! Tour 2011, which began in West Valley City, Utah on July 6, 2011 and ended in Manila, Philippines on September 21, 2011.
On September 24, 2011, Langone sang the National Anthem at the Western Hockey League game opener between the Seattle Thunderbirds and Portland Winterhawks. On September 26, 2011, Langone and James Durbin appeared on Dr. Drew's "Lifechangers" TV Talk show.
Record deal, debut album (2011-present)
Langone is currently being co-managed by 19 Entertainment and Red Light Management. In January 2012, Langone announced that he has signed a record contract with Hollywood Records. While recording his debut album, Langone has performed at several events. On October 15, 2011, Langone performed at Eva Longoria’s Charity Padres El Cáncer in Las Vegas. On November 24, 2011, Langone performed at the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade. Langone took part in the Hollywood Christmas Parade on November 27, 2011. On December 4, 2011, Langone performed at Trevor Live, an event benefiting The Trevor Project. Langone performed the National Anthem at a San Francisco 49ers and Pittsburgh Steelers December 2011 game. On February 8, 2012, Langone performed in a Motown music tribute at Carnegie Hall.
On April 26, 2012, Langone returned to American Idol to perform his debut single, "I'm on a Roll." "I'm on a Roll" was released on iTunes on April 24. The track sold around 20,000 in its first week. On July 16, Langone performed "I'm on a Roll" on Good Morning America.
Langone's second single "Yes to Love" was released on February 12, 2013. Langone performed "Yes to Love" on American Idol on April 25, 2013.
Langone released a single "Lemon Squeeze", produced by a new label SpeakerMind Productions, on October 17, 2014.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"I'm on a Roll"
(featuring New Boyz & Rock Mafia)
|"Yes to Love"||2013||—|
|"Fill My Cup" (featuring Dave'Ron Madden)||2015||—|
- "Idol' Alum Stefano Langone Splits from 19, Red Light Management: They Weren't 'Getting It". The Hollywood Reporter. July 7, 2013.
- Hunter, Steve (March 27, 2011). "Father of Kent's Stefano Langone discusses son and 'American Idol'". Seattle Pi. Retrieved April 16, 2011.
- "10 'American Idol' Alums You Never Knew Were Latino!". Latina Magazine. January 18, 2012. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- Hunter, Steve (March 6, 2011). "Former Bellevue College student Stefano Langone makes top 13 on 'American Idol'". Seattle Pi. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- "Former Bellevue College student in running for 'American Idol'". Bellevue Reporter. February 11, 2011. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- "Scarred 'Idol' Contestant – Drunk Driving Victim". TMZ.com. February 12, 2011. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- Mansfield, Brian (February 9, 2011). "Stefano Langone's a survivor". Idol Chatter (USA Today). Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- "'American Idol' finalist Stefano Langone's DUI arrest revealed". Fox News. March 16, 2011. Retrieved March 16, 2011.
- "'American Idol's' Stefano Langone has DUI arrest in his past". The Seattle Times. March 16, 2011. Retrieved March 16, 2011.
- "Kent's Stefano Langone to sing national anthem at Seattle Thunderbirds hockey opener". Kent Reporter. September 23, 2011.
- Halperin, Shirley (September 26, 2011). "'American Idol's' Stefano Langone Signs With 19 Management". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 28, 2011.
- Mansfield, Brian (January 11, 2011). "'Idol' singer Stefano Langone signs with Hollywood Records". Idol Chatter (USA Today).
- "Haute Event: Eva Longoria Hosts Padres Contra El Cáncer at the Tropicana". Hauteliving.com. October 18, 2011. Retrieved October 28, 2011.
- "Thanksgiving Parade brings out the stars". Philadelphia Tribune. November 17, 2011.
- "Stefano Langone National Anthem 12-19-2011". sf49ersnews.com.
- "Guess Which Jennifer Lopez American Idol Favorite Is Coming Back to Perform?!". E Online. April 12, 2012.
- Mansfield, Brian (May 2, 2012). "Clarkson, Underwood dominate 'Idol' track sales". Idol Chatter (USA Today).
- Mansfield, Brian (January 2, 2013). "Stefano premieres 'Yes to Love' single". Idol Chatter (USA Today).
- Priscilla Rodriguez (October 20, 2014). "Stefano Releases New Single Lemon Squeeze". Latina.