|Spokesman of the Federal Government|
|Assumed office |
11 August 2010
|Preceded by||Ulrich Wilhelm|
|Born||7 June 1960|
Munich, West Germany
|Alma mater||University of Hamburg , London School of Economics|
Steffen Seibert (born June 7, 1960 in Munich) is head of the German Federal Government's Press and Information Office and is the German government's spokesperson. The German Federal Government's Press and Information Office resembles the British Central Office of Information. He is officially ranked as an undersecretary of state.
Since late 2016, Seibert has been a member of the German government's cabinet committee on Brexit at which ministers discuss organizational and structural issues related to the United Kingdom's departure from the European Union.
Television journalist at ZDF
Steffen Seibert worked for ZDF from 1989 to 2010. In addition to his roles at ZDF, he co-hosted the Bavarian TV Awards in 2005 (alongside Nina Ruge) and in 2009 (alongside Markus Kavka). He also moderated the event series Nobelpreisträger in Mönchengladbach with guests F. W. de Klerk (2004), Mikhail Gorbachev (2007) and the 14th Dalai Lama (2008).
|1992–1995||Correspondent for ZDF News (ZDF heute) in Washington, D.C.|
|1995–1996||Presenter of (ZDF Morgenmagazin) in Berlin|
|1996–1997||Presenter of ZDF Abendmagazin|
|1997–2000||Presenter of hallo deutschland (translated: hello Germany)|
|2000–2003||Presenter of ZDF.reporter|
|2003–2010||News presenter (heute) in Mainz|
|2007–2010||Presenter of heute-journal alongside co-anchor Dunja Hayali in Mainz|
|2009–2010||Presenter of Sternstunden der Deutschen ('Magic Moments in German History')|
- 2001 – "Golden Camera" (for Special Show 9/11)
- 2005 – "Bambi" (shared with Johannes B. Kerner for a show for the disaster victims of the tsunami in the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake)
- 2013 – Order of the Star of Italy
- UNICEF National Committee of Germany, Member
- "Club for early born babies" (Bundesverband "Das frühgeborene Kind"), Chairman (until 2008)
- International Journalists’ Programmes, Arthur F. Burns Fellowship Program, Member of the Board of Trustees
- Städel Museum, Member of the Board of Trustees
- "Kinderhospiz Bethel", Official Partner
- "ZDF-Moderator Steffen Seibert wird neuer Regierungssprecher". Focus. 10 July 2010. Retrieved September 14, 2016.
- Joseph Nasr (January 13, 2017), Merkel to chair first Brexit committee meeting next week Reuters.
- Readout of the government's press conference on 13 January 2017 Federal Press Office.
- Hugo Müller-Vogg (April 28, 2011), Seiberts ziehen nach Berlin BILD.
- Jan Schnettler (March 7, 2012), Mönchengladbach: Die Riege der Nobelpreisträge Die Welt, January 12, 2015.
- Weil erhält Orden "Stern von Italien" Die Welt, January 12, 2015.
- Ministerpräsident Weil erhält hohen Orden der Italienischen Republik State Chancellery of Lower Saxony, press release of January 12, 2015.
- General Assembly of Members UNICEF Deutschland.
- Board of Trustees Städel Museum.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Steffen Seibert.|