Steinar Henning Lem (9 May 1951 – 28 April 2009) was a Norwegian environmental activist, author and spokesperson for Fremtiden i våre hender (Future In Our Hands), Norway's largest movement for comprehensive social change. He criticized the consumption-oriented society and focus on economic growth, and the difference in income between the rich and poor part of the world. He also supported better preservation of predators in Norway, like the wolf. Lem died aged 57 from pancreatic cancer at Aker University Hospital in Oslo, two months after it was diagnosed. He is survived by his wife and two six-year-old daughters.
Lem joined The Future In Our Hands during the 1970s. He fronted the organization demanding higher fuel prices, higher taxation and increased aid to developing countries. In 1994, he was a strong opponent in the European Union membership referendum. During the 2000s, he stated that he had become in favor of Norwegian membership, since he felt the EU was better at solving environmental issues than Norwegian authorities. He has also criticized the Norwegian authorities' immigration policy. In the last few weeks of his life, he stated that he would like more public debate about death.
- Signaler – compilation (1973)
- Utenfor bymuren – short stories (1975)
- Motlys – novel (1977)
- Grenseovergang – novel (1979)
- Bjørneboes menneskesyn i Frihetens øyeblikk – thesis (1981)
- Den tause krigen (1994)
- Det lille livet (2005)
- Steinar Lem (7 September 2004). "Evig forburksvekst?". Dagbladet (in Norwegian). Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- Steinar Lem (21 November 1999). "Antirasisme i svart og hvitt?". Dagbladet (in Norwegian). Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- Steinar Lem (17 October 2001). "Mer om ulv og sterke følelser". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). Retrieved 29 April 2009.[dead link]
- "Steinar Lem er død". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). Norwegian News Agency. 29 April 2009. Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- Kathrine Hammerstad and Gjermund Glesnesa (29 April 2009). "Steinar Lem er død". Verdens Gang (in Norwegian). Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- Steinar Lem (22 June 2002). "Øk skattetrykket!". Dagbladet (in Norwegian). Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- Hilde Aga Brun (26 August 2005). "Dyrene trenger EU". Klassekampen (in Norwegian). Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- The Future In Our Hands (29 April 2009). "Vi har mistet vår kjære kollega" (in Norwegian). Retrieved 29 April 2009.[dead link]