Steiria (Ancient Greek: Στείρια) was a deme of ancient Attica on the east coast, between Prasiae and Brauron. Stiris in Phocis is said to have been founded by the inhabitants of this deme. The road from Athens to Steiria and the harbour of Prasiae was called the Στειριακὴ ὁδός. Steiria was the deme of Theramenes and Thrasybulus.
- Strabo. Geographica. ix. p.399. Page numbers refer to those of Isaac Casaubon's edition.
- Stephanus of Byzantium. Ethnica. s.v.
- Hesych., s.v.; Suda, s.v.; Pliny. Naturalis Historia. 4.7.11.
- Pausanias. Description of Greece. 10.35.8.
- Plutarch, Hipparch. p. 229}}
- Lund University. Digital Atlas of the Roman Empire.
|This Ancient Greece related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Greece location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|