|Born||15 May 1990|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10+1⁄2 in)|
Stella Maynes Maxwell (born 15 May 1990) is a Belgian-born Northern Irish model who holds British, Irish, and New Zealand citizenship. She is a former Victoria's Secret Angel, and is also the face of the cosmetics brand Max Factor.
Stella Maynes Maxwell was born in Brussels on 15 May 1990, the daughter of Northern Irish parents from Belfast. Her mother is Stella (née Maynes) and her father is retired diplomat Maurice Maxwell, who served as the former head of the European Commission in Belfast. Maxwell was named after her mother. She has two older brothers and an older sister. She was raised in Brussels until she was 13 years old, attending the European School, Woluwe. She then moved with her family to Australia, where they lived in Canberra for a year. They then moved to New Zealand when she was 14, settling in Wellington. She attended Queen Margaret College and the University of Otago. While working at a newsstand as a college student, she was scouted by a modeling agency based in Dunedin. She began modeling after graduating from university.
During her career, she has posed for Alexander McQueen, Asos, H&M, Karl Lagerfeld, Roberto Cavalli, Urban Outfitters and Topshop, and has been featured on the covers of the German, Turkish, Spanish, Thai and Japanese editions of the fashion magazine Vogue. As a catwalk model, she has walked for Jeremy Scott, Marc Jacobs, Tommy Hilfiger, Moschino, Brandon Maxwell, Dolce & Gabbana, Jacquemus, Tory Burch, Giles, Dsquared2, Mugler, Fendi, Chanel, Miu Miu and Versace. She notably opened the Concept Korea Spring/Summer 2011 fashion show, during which she was dressed as a Lolita-esque modern day Snow White in hoody, miniskirt and towering shoes. However, she fell on the catwalk and dropped the apple she was carrying. She also fell twice in a row during the finale of the Miu Miu Resort 2016 fashion show.
Maxwell collaborated with the French brand The Kooples to create a handbag, named after her. In 2016, she was voted No. 1 in 2016 Maxim's "Hot 100 List". She had an uncredited role in the 2018 film JT LeRoy.
Maxwell is fluent in both English and French.
Maxwell is openly queer and identifies as sexually fluid. She briefly dated American singer Miley Cyrus in 2015. From December 2016 to late 2018, she was in a relationship with American actress Kristen Stewart; they briefly resumed dating in mid-2019.
- "STELLA MAXWELL | The Society". The Society Management. Retrieved 2 October 2023.
- "Stella Maxwell - Model Profile - Photos & latest news". models.com.
- Britt McCamey (26 September 2015). "Meet:Stella Maxwell". oystermag.com. Oyster. Archived from the original on 15 September 2015. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- Anderson-Minshall, Diane (21 September 2020). "Supermodel Stella Maxwell is the Queer Girl Next Door". The Advocate. Retrieved 23 March 2021.
- "Victoria's Secret Angel Stella Maxwell on her love of Belfast and Northern Irish roots". Belfast Telegraph. 17 April 2017. Retrieved 9 July 2023.
- Lucy Buckland (20 June 2015). "Who is Stella Maxwell?". mirror.co.uk. Daily Mirror. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "All about the 10 new Victoria's Secret Angels of 2015". vogue.com.au. Vogue Australia. 29 April 2015. Archived from the original on 10 January 2018. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- Orzessek, Eli (3 June 2016). "Everything we know about officially hot Kiwi supermodel Stella Maxwell". NZ Herald. Retrieved 27 December 2020.
- Julia Frank (6 November 2014). "These are the models confirmed for the 2014 Victoria's Secret show". vogue.com.au. Vogue Australia. Archived from the original on 21 June 2015. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- Liana Satenstein (1 December 2014). "Meet 7 New Faces of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show". vogue.com. Vogue. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- Jonathan Borge (28 April 2015). "Victoria's Secret Adds 10 New Angels to Its All-Star Roster". instyle.com. InStyle. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- Scarlett Kilcooley-O'Halloran (28 April 2015). "Victoria's Secret Announces 10 New Angels". vogue.co.uk. Vogue UK. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- Davis, Mari. "Concept Korea Spring 2011".
- Annabella Winsteald (17 March 2019). "Model Stella Maxwell FALLS during Pucca by Kwak Hyun Joo Spring/Summer 2011 - 3 ANGLES OF VIEW" – via YouTube.
- Annabella Winsteald (26 July 2015). "Model Stella Maxwell falls twice during Miu Miu Resort 2016 fashion show. HQ + 2nd angle" – via YouTube.
- "Stella Maxwell Tops Maxim Hot 100". 31 May 2016.
- Okwodu, Janelle (30 June 2020). "Stella Maxwell on the Importance of Supporting LGBTQIA Beyond Pride". Vogue Magazine. Retrieved 9 July 2023.
- "Beck Releases Video for 'Chemical' Remix Starring Stella Maxwell". Rolling Stone.com. 8 July 2021. Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- "Victoria's Secret Angel Stella Maxwell Stocks Up on Wellness Pills and Tim Tams". Elle. 23 August 2017.
- Okwodu, Janelle (30 June 2020). "Stella Maxwell on the Importance of Supporting LGBTQIA Beyond Pride". Vogue. Retrieved 29 March 2021.
- "Miley Cyrus Is Dating Victoria's Secret Angel Stella Maxwell (Just Not Exclusively): "I'm Not in a Relationship"". E! News. 28 August 2015.
- Marquina, Sierra (31 January 2017). "Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Hold Hands, Go on Theme Park Date — See the Pic". Us Magazine. New York City: American Media Inc.
- Hearon, Sarah (21 December 2018). "Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Split: What Went Wrong?". Us Magazine. New York City: American Media Inc. Retrieved 26 December 2018.
- Bailey, Alyssa (19 July 2019). "Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Confirm They're Back on With a Yacht Makeout". ELLE. Retrieved 30 April 2021.
- Max-Factor : The Max Factor Story
- Kristen Stewart Gate-Crashed Our Exclusive Interview With Stella Maxwell
- Victoria's Secret : Victoria's Secret