|Studio album by|
|Released||April 22, 1981|
|Studio||Sigma Sound Studios|
|Label||20th Century Fox (USA) |
RCA (Australia), (Germany), (Spain)
|Stephanie Mills chronology|
Stephanie is the Grammy-nominated fifth studio album by American R&B/soul singer Stephanie Mills. It was released in 1981 and produced by James Mtume and Reggie Lucas. The album features hit song "Two Hearts" a duet with Teddy Pendergrass. By default, this fulfilled her contract with 20th Century-Fox Records, as the following year, the label was sold to PolyGram Records, which quickly folded it into Casablanca Records, to which Mills' contract was subsequently transferred. Stephanie scored Mills her second nomination for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance at the 24th Annual Grammy Awards in 1982.
- "Winner" - 4:50
- "Two Hearts" (duet with Teddy Pendergrass) (Tawatha Agee, James Mtume, Reggie Lucas) - 4:44
- "Don't Stop Doin' What 'Cha Do" - 4:48
- "Top of My List" (Rodney Brown, Willie Lester) - 3:42
- "I Believe in Love Songs" - 4:14
- "Night Games" - 5:47
- "My Love's Been Good to You" (Howard King, Tawatha Agee) - 4:12
- "Magic" (Jeffrey Daniel, Stephanie Mills) - 5:07
- Stephanie Mills - lead and backing vocals
- Basil Fearington - bass
- Howard King - drums
- Reggie Lucas, Ed "Tree" Moore - guitar
- James Mtume, Hubert Eaves III - keyboards
- Brenda White King, Luther Vandross, Ullanda McCullough, Tawatha Agee - backing vocals
- Jim "Doc" Dougherty - engineer
- Gerry Block, Jay Mark - additional engineer
- Craig S. Michaels, Matthew Weiner - assistant engineer
- Eugene Bianco - horns and strings contractor
|US Billboard 200||30|
|US Billboard Top R&B Albums||3|
- "Stephanie Mills - Stephanie". Discogs. 1981.
- Henderson, Alex. Stephanie review at AllMusic. Retrieved 2020-05-06.
- "Stephanie Mills US albums chart history". allmusic. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
- "Stephanie Mills US singles chart history". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
- "UK Charts > Stephanie Mills". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2010-01-31.