This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Stephanie Kaplan Lewis (born December 5, 1988) is a co-founder, chief executive officer, and editor-in-chief of Her Campus, an online magazine targeted toward American college women. She regularly appears on the local FOX News affiliate in Boston to discuss college-related issues on behalf of Her Campus.
Kaplan Lewis obtained her bachelor's degree in psychology with a minor in economics from Harvard University in 2010. During her college years, Kaplan Lewis served as the editor-in-chief of Freeze, Harvard's lifestyle and fashion online magazine. In 2009, Kaplan Lewis and two other Harvard undergraduates launched Her Campus.
Kaplan Lewis met fellow Harvard undergraduates Windsor Hanger Western and Annie Wang in fall 2007, while working on the staff of Freeze magazine. In January 2009, Kaplan Lewis, Hanger Western, and Wang entered Harvard's i3 Innovation Challenge business plan competition, which proposed a national online magazine for college women, with dedicated branches at colleges and universities across the United States. After receiving the Harvard Student Agencies Investment Award in the i3 Innovation Challenge in March 2009, the team moved forward and launched Her Campus.
Within her role as chief executive officer and editor-in-chief, Kaplan oversees content and expansion of the magazine to college branches. These partnerships allow Her Campus writers to share their articles with Seventeen magazine and The Huffington Post.
Kaplan Lewis was named to Inc. magazine's "30 Under 30 Coolest Young Entrepreneurs" for 2010 and Glamour magazine's "20 Amazing Young Women". Kaplan Lewis, Hanger Western and Wang were all listed among the Boston Globe's "25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2010". Kaplan Lewis was a 2016 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Woman. Kaplan Lewis, Hanger Western and Wang were named to the Forbes 30 under 30 in 2017 under Her Campus Media.
Kaplan Lewis married Jason Lewis in 2014 . She currently resides in Newton, Mass.
- "Tips for women on campus: Dorms, make-up & more". myfoxboston.com. Archived from the original on March 14, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2011.
- "Giving your college kids a break". myfoxboston.com. Archived from the original on March 14, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2011.
- "Picking the perfect gift: Ideas for college kids". myfoxboston.com. Archived from the original on March 14, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2011.
- "Inc.com's 2010 30 Under 30 List: Stephanie Kaplan, Windsor Hanger, and Annie Wang, Founders of Her Campus". inc.com. Retrieved January 4, 2011.
- "Young Entrepreneurs: A Conversation With Stephanie Kaplan". Women Grow Business. Retrieved January 4, 2011.
- "Partnership with the Huffington Post!". Her Campus. Archived from the original on January 12, 2011. Retrieved January 4, 2011.
- "Her Campus Partners with Seventeen magazine!". Her Campus. Archived from the original on January 14, 2011. Retrieved January 4, 2011.
- Kaplan, Stephanie (2010-11-24). "Glamour's 20 Amazing Young Women Who Are Already Changing the World". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2010". Boston.com. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "Entrepreneurial Winning Women". EY. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "Her Campus Media". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "Stephanie Kaplan, Jason Lewis". The New York Times. 2014-08-10. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-03-27.