Stephanie Sigman in 2017
28 February 1987 |
Ciudad Obregón, Sonora, Mexico
Stephanie Sigman (born 28 February 1987)[better source needed] is a Mexican-American actress. Her breakthrough role was in the 2011 crime drama film Miss Bala. She has gone on to appear in Pioneer (2013), Spectre (2015), Going Under (2016), and Annabelle: Creation (2017). On television, Sigman starred as Valeria Vélez in the first and second seasons of Netflix crime thriller, Narcos (2015).
Sigman began her career appearing on Mexican television, before making her film debut in Rio de Oro. In 2011, she played the leading role of Laura Guerrero in the Mexican crime drama film, Miss Bala. The film was selected as the Mexican entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 84th Academy Awards, but it did not make the final shortlist. Sigman was nominated for a Dublin Film Critics' Circle Award in 2011 for her performance in film. The following year, she played Catalina Aguado in the Canadian documentary film Flight of the Butterflies. In 2013, Sigman co-starred in the Norwegian thriller Pioneer.
In 2013, Sigman played the leading role in the USA Network drama pilot The Arrangement opposite Bryan Greenberg. It not was ordered to series. Later that year, she was cast in a recurring role on the FX crime drama series, The Bridge. She also starred in the Arctic Monkeys music video for "Snap Out of It" in 2014. In 2015, Sigman played Valeria Vélez, character based on Virginia Vallejo, in the Netflix crime thriller, Narcos.
In 2015, Sigman appeared in the James Bond film, Spectre, becoming the second Mexican actress to play a Bond girl after Linda Christian first played the role of Valerie Mathis in the 1954 TV adaptation of Casino Royale. She later was cast as a female lead in the action comedy Going Under, and well as War on Everyone.
In 2016, Sigman had a recurring role as Monica Ava during the second season of the ABC anthology drama series, American Crime created by John Ridley. Ridley later cast Sigman in the leading role as Presence Foster, the former Army veteran who finds herself as unlicensed Private Investigator, in the ABC detective drama pilot, Presence.
|2006||Con lujo de detalle||Mujer||Short film|
|2010||Rio de Oro||Estela|
|2011||Miss Bala||Laura Guerrero||Nominated — Dublin Film Critics' Circle Award for Best Breakthrough|
|2012||Flight of the Butterflies||Catalina Aguado||Documentary film|
|2013||El cielo es azul||Laurada|
|2014||Alicia en el país de María||Alicia|
|2016||War on Everyone||Delores|
|2017||Shimmer Lake||Steph Burton|
|2017||Once Upon a Time in Venice||Lupe|
|2017||Annabelle: Creation||Sister Charlotte|
|2013||The Arrangement||Lourdes Nieves||Pilot|
|2013–2014||The Bridge||Eva Guerra||Recurring role, 14 episodes|
|2015–2016||Narcos||Valeria Velez||Series regular, 9 episodes|
|2016||American Crime||Monica Ava||Recurring role|
|2017–present||S.W.A.T.||Jessica Cortez||Main role|
- Stephanie Sigman.
- @sigmanstephanie (29 August 2015). "I'm a U.S. Citizen too! #YacallateTRUMP Is shocking to me that Trump still has followers .. He…" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "New Film Spectre Casts Stephanie Sigman as 1st Mexican-born Bond Girl on the big screen: 5 things to know about her". EOnline. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Miss Bala star Stephanie Sigman rises with a bullet". thestar.com. 2 February 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- "Miss Bala". 20 January 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Hecht, John (22 September 2011). "'Miss Bala' Crowned Mexico's Foreign-Language Oscar Submission". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- "63 Countries Vie for 2011 Foreign Language Film Oscar". oscars.org. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- "9 Foreign Language Films Vie for Oscar". Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- "The Dublin Film Critics Circle Honours Drive". irishtimes.com.
- Ryan Adams (27 December 2011). "Dublin Film Critics Circle Awards 2011". awardsdaily.com.
- "Pioneer (12A)". Arrow Film Distributors. British Board of Film Classification. 12 March 2014. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (14 November 2012). "Bryan Greenberg And Stephanie Sigman To Star In USA's Cheryl Heuton/Nick Falacci Pilot, Lifting Contingency". Deadline. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Grow, Kory (17 June 2014). "Arctic Monkeys Cause a Nervous Breakdown in 'Snap Out of It' Video". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- ""Stephanie Sigman Joins Netflix Series 'Narcos'"". Variety. 20 July 2014.
- "Entrevista exclusiva con la nueva chica Bond mexicana". www.publimetro.com.mx (in Spanish). Metro International. 12 March 2015. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
Hago a Valeria Velez, un personaje distinto basado en la amante de Pablo Escobar, Virginia Vallejo, un personaje importante en Colombia
- "Mexican Actress is the New Bond Girl - Costa Rica Star News". Costa Rica Star News.
- "STEPHANIE SIGMAN JOINS SPECTRE". www.007.com. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "New Bond Girl Stephanie Sigman Stands Out". maxim.com.
- "'SPECTRE' Adds New, Younger Bond Girl". yahoo.com. 10 March 2015.
- "Stephanie Sigman InStyle interview and photos - InStyle UK". InStyle UK. 6 January 2016. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Mike Fleming Jr. "John Goodman & Stephanie Sigman Added To Bruce Willis Comedy Film - Deadline". Deadline. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Denise Petski. "Stephanie Sigman Joins 'American Crime' As Recurring - Deadline". Deadline. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Nellie Andreeva. "John Ridley ABC Drama Pilot 'Presence' Casts Stephanie Sigman In The Title Role". Deadline. Retrieved 3 February 2016.
- Kroll, Justin (22 June 2016). "'Spectre' Actress Stephanie Sigman to Star in 'Annabelle' Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- McNary, Dave (22 March 2016). "Ben Affleck's Crime Drama 'Live by Night,' 3 More Warner Bros. Films Dated for 2017". Variety. Retrieved 22 June 2016.