Swift at an event in 2006
February 7, 1972 |
Louisiana, United States
|Other names||China Cat, Melody|
|Height||5 ft 1 in (1.55 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg)|
|No. of adult films||425 as a performer
2 as director
Stephanie Swift (born February 7, 1972) is a former American pornographic actress who starred in over 300 adult movies between 1995 and 2009, when she was diagnosed with breast cancer and left the industry. She is a member of both the AVN and XRCO Halls of Fame. Swift now works with XXXchurch.com, a Christian outreach group that offers to help pornographic actors leave the industry and help compulsive porn users overcome their porn addiction.
Early life and education
Swift spent her childhood in Louisiana. Between the ages of one and fourteen, she suffered sexual abuse at the hands of family members. At 19 years-old, she lived in San Diego, California and worked as a stripper for six months at a club called The Body Shop (not to be confused with the cosmetics store chain). She earned an Associate's Degree in Dental Assistance and eventually became a registered dental assistant.
After earning her degree, she posed in nude modelling photographs for five years and was featured in Club International. Swift segued from nude model work to Southern California's adult film industry, where she began her career in 1995. Her first softcore scene was in Playboy TV's Up Close and Dangerous. Her first hardcore sex scene was in Space Sirens. She went on to win several awards, including the AVN Female Performer of the Year Award in 1998. She was, for a period, a contract girl with Wicked Pictures.
She has made appearances on the exotic dancing circuit as a featured performer. In 2004, she launched her own production company called Swift Entertainment, in which she was a director, screenwriter and producer.
In 2011, Swift released a video filmed for XXXchurch.com in which she said her cancer had been in remission since March 2010, and she explained her decision to quit the adult film industry. She said the industry gives a "false sense of accomplishment." She is currently working with the church in their efforts to reach out to pornographic film actors.
An August 2009 XBIZ press release announced that Swift had been diagnosed with breast cancer in her left breast and asked for donations to help with her medical bills. Later that month, she had a double mastectomy. By March 2010, she had completed chemotherapy and scheduled lymph node surgery.
- 1997 F.O.X.E Award - Video Vixen
- 1998 F.O.X.E. Award - Female Fan Favorite
- 1998 AVN Award winner - Female Performer of the Year
- 1998 AVN Award winner - Best Actress, Video (Miscreants - Extreme Video/Elegant Angel Productions)
- 1998 XRCO Award - Best Girl-Girl Scene (Miscreants) with Tiffany Mynx & Jeanna Fine
- 1999 AVN Award winner - Best Couples Sex Scene, Film (Shipwreck - Vivid Entertainment Group) with Mickey G.
- 2006 AVN Hall of Fame inductee
- 2008 XRCO Hall of Fame inductee
- "Pornstar Profile - Stephanie Swift". AVN. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Swift Talker – An Interview with Stephanie Swift". sexherald.com. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- Lim, Gerrie (2006). In Lust We Trust: Adventures in Adult Cinema. Monsoon Books. p. 99. ISBN 978-981-05-5302-9.
- Stephanie Swift at the Internet Adult Film Database
- "AVN Awards Past Winners - HALL OF FAME". Archived from the original on April 15, 2009. Retrieved September 15, 2014.
- "X-Rated Critics Organization (XRCO)". XRCO. Archived from the original on May 14, 2011. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Stephanie Swift". xxxchurch.com. Fireproof Ministries. 2011. Retrieved March 15, 2011.
- Stephanie Swift (2011). Stephanie Swift: Cancer Saved My Life. XXXchurch via Subsplash. Retrieved September 15, 2014.
- "Stephanie Swift: About Me". Official Site of Stephanie Swift. Retrieved February 14, 2010.[dead link]
- "Wicked Pictures bio". Wicked Pictures. Archived from the original on February 12, 2010. Retrieved February 13, 2010.
- "1998 AVN Awards Show - History". Archived from the original on January 15, 2014. Retrieved September 15, 2014.
- "The 2004 Exotic Dancer Fan Fair Review". Las Vegas Strippers. Archived from the original on August 18, 2011. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Swift Talker - After Hours Interviews". April 5, 2009. Retrieved February 6, 2012.
- "Swift Talker (Continued) - After Hours Interviews". April 5, 2009. Retrieved February 6, 2012.
- Hunter, Tod (August 13, 2009). "Performer Stephanie Swift Diagnosed With Breast Cancer" (Press release). New York: Adnet Media. Retrieved September 15, 2014.
- Rodriguez, Ariana (October 9, 2009). "‘Sex at the Shore’ Benefit Set for Tomorrow" (Press release). Long Beach, CA: Adnet Media. Retrieved October 22, 2009.
- Garrett, Wade (March 3, 2010). "Mile High's Nica Noelle to Host Stephanie Swift Cancer Benefit" (Press release). Los Angeles: AVN Media Network. Retrieved March 10, 2010.
- "Adult Video Awards". CanBest.com. Archived from the original on May 19, 2007. Retrieved April 19, 2007.
- "1999 AVN Awards Show - History". Archived from the original on December 30, 2013. Retrieved September 15, 2014.
- Stephanie Swift Interview at Adult DVD Talk
- Stephanie Swift (2013). Stephanie Swift: Cancer Saved My Life. XXXchurch via Viddler. Archived from the original on 2014-09-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stephanie Swift.|
- Stephanie Swift on Twitter
- Stephanie Swift at the Internet Movie Database
- Stephanie Swift at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Stephanie Swift at the Adult Film Database