Stephanie Sy (2003)
|Born||January 16, 1977|
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania|
|Notable credit(s)||Al Jazeera America News|
Education and career
Sy graduated from the University of Pennsylvania cum laude with a double major in international relations and environmental studies in 1999. From August 1999 to 2001 she was a reporter and fill-in anchor for WBTW in Florence, South Carolina. She joined WTKR in September 2001 as a military reporter. Her reporting from Iraq while embedded in 2003 during the Iraq War led to her hiring by ABC News in the same year. Sy reported from London for ABC NewsOne until 2006 when she was a New York-based correspondent. In 2007, she became ABC’s Asia Correspondent in Beijing. Sy was transferred to New York in 2009 and remained there until leaving the network in 2012. Other tasks at ABC included occasional fill-in anchoring on World News Now.
From 2012 to 2013, she was senior editor and correspondent at Everyday Health. Sy joined Al Jazeera America in 2013 where she anchored various newscasts, primarily the weekday morning news, and conducted occasional interviews for Talk to Al Jazeera until the network's closure in 2016. Later in 2016, she was a freelance reporter for Yahoo News who did primarily did interviews for the website.
- "RealAge Tests How Old Your Body Thinks it Is Video". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- "Stephanie Sy". wtkr.com. Archived from the original on 5 March 2003. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Stephanie Sy - WBTW TV-13". wbtw.com. Archived from the original on 3 July 2001. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Former WTKR reporter travels the world for ABC". HamptonRoads.com. May 7, 2007. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- "A WAVY arrival and two departures at WVEC and WTKR". HamptonRoads.com. July 23, 2010. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- "Stephanie Sy". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on March 5, 2003. Retrieved 2016-01-13.
- "A WAVY arrival and two departures at WVEC and WTKR". The Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved 13 January 2016.