Arroyo has written eight books on psychological astrology. His works recast astrological concepts in psychological and energy terms, and reject what he perceives as the fatalism and negativity of old-fashioned astrology. His books have now been translated into over 25 languages.
Regarding his written works, the Library Journal stated:
The simplicity and clarity of his treatment of complex ideas is remarkable; it makes accessible even to the beginner a wealth of understanding... giving meaningful psychological grounding to astrological interpretation."(July 1976 issue)
Arroyo has been guest speaker at events in North America, Mexico, and five European countries, and has taught astrology courses at four colleges in the United States.
He is gauged to be in the top 5% in his field.
He has been awarded the British Astrological Association Astrology Prize, the Fraternity of Canadian Astrologers’ International Sun Award, and the United Astrology Congress's Regulus Award. He has an honors degree in Literature from the University of California and a Masters Degree in Psychology.
- Exploring Jupiter: The Astrological Key to Progress, Prosperity and Potential, ISBN 0-916360-58-X
- Stephen Arroyo's Chart Interpretation Handbook: Guidelines for Understanding the Birth Chart, ISBN 0-916360-49-0
- Relationships and Life Cycles: Modern Dimensions of Astrology, ISBN 0-916360-55-5
- Astrology, Karma & Transformation: The Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart, ISBN 0-916360-54-7
- Astrology, Psychology and the Four Elements: An Energy Approach to Astrology and Its Use in the Counseling Arts, ISBN 0-916360-01-6 (Awarded the British Astrological Association's Astrology Prize.)
- Practicing the Cosmic Science: Key Insights in Modern Astrology, ISBN 0-916360-62-8
- Person-to-person Astrology: Energy Factors in Love, Sex and Compatibility., ISBN 978-1-58394-204-8
- The Practice And Profession Of Astrology: Rebuilding Our Lost Connections with the Cosmos, ISBN 0-916360-15-6
- Experiments & Experience with Astrology: Reflections on Methods & Meaning, ASIN B00GI0R1VW
- Modern Astrology: New insights (Stephen Arroyo y Liz Greene) ISBN 9789501705225
- Skye Alexander (2000). Magickal Astrology: Understanding Your Place in the Cosmos. Career Press. p. 57. ISBN 978-1-56414-479-9. Retrieved 15 November 2010. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Stephen Arroyo interview
- Le Grice, Kieron. "Foundations of an archetypal cosmology. A theoretical synthesis of Jungian depth psychology and the new paradigm sciences" (PDF). California Institute of Integral Studies (Doctoral dissertation). Ann Arbor, MI: ProQuest LLC. Retrieved November 2012.
Influenced by Rudhyar's work, Stephen Arroyo provided some of the deepest insights into the nature and phenomenology of the astrological factors (planets, signs, aspects, and houses) in his Astrology, Karma, and Transformation. His earlier book, Astrology, Psychology, and the Four Elements, is a more basic introductory text that also contains his own summary of the different explanations of astrology.Check date values in:
|accessdate=(help)CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[permanent dead link]
- Dean, Geoffrey. "Other astrology prizes". Retrieved November 2012.
In 1973 the (Astrological Association) prize was won by Stephen Arroyo for his MA Thesis on Astrology vs Psychology - subsequently published as part of Astrology, Psychology, and the Four Elements, CRCS 1975.Check date values in:
|accessdate=(help)CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
"The Marion D. March Regulus Awards and Banquet". The United Astrology Conference (UAC). Archived from the original on 2012-10-19. Retrieved November 2012.
The Marion D. March Regulus Award for Theory and Understanding recognizes one whose work demonstrates the use of astrology with other disciplines, and thereby encourages the acceptance of astrology as a separate philosophical model or recognized discipline. Past recipients: Liz Greene, Stephen Arroyo, Michael Lutin, Donna Cunningham, Demetra George, Bernadette Brady.Check date values in:
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Stephen Arroyo|