|Born||Stefano Brando (disputed)
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, producer, author|
Stephen T. Blackehart is an American actor, author and producer from Hell's Kitchen, New York. It has been reported that Blackehart was born as Stefano Brando and is the son of the late actor Marlon Brando, though he denies that he is any relation.
A graduate of the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art and former student of famed acting teacher Uta Hagen, Blackehart first became known for playing Benny Que in the cult classic film Tromeo and Juliet, though he has since acted in a mixture of B-movies (Retro Puppet Master,The Whisperer in Darkness) and mainstream fare alike (The Belko Experiment, Super, Guardians of the Galaxy).
In addition to his film work, Blackehart has acted in such TV series as Grey's Anatomy, The Big Apple, and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. He was a regular on the BBC's The Tromaville Cafe, where he originated the role of Felix, the French Trickster.
In 2004, Blackehart produced Jenna Fischer's mockumentary film LolliLove, and was among the first ever producers to make extensive use of social networking sites like MySpace to aggressively promote a feature film. It was subsequently picked up for distribution by Troma and garnered DVD Talk's distinction as a "Collector's Series" disc immediately upon its video release.  It was also voted #2 by the editors of Amazon in their list of Best DVDs of the Year - Comedy, and completely sold out of all copies within the first day of release.
In November 2014, he published a collection of novellas entitled A Stranger to the Darklands and Other Tales.
- Tromeo and Juliet (1996)
- Criminals (1997)
- Rush Hour (1998)
- Lethal Weapon 4 (1998)
- Retro Puppet Master (1999)
- Rockabilly Vampire (2001)
- The Ghouls (2003)
- Changeling (2006)
- LolliLove (2006)
- First Landing (2007)
- 100 Million BC (2008)
- Death Racers (2008)
- 2012: Supernova (2009)
- The Land That Time Forgot (2009)
- Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus (2009)
- The Terminators (2009)
- The Whisperer in Darkness (2011)
- Super (2011)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- The Hive (2015)
- The Belko Experiment (2017)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- "Marlon Brando's love life had an epic cast of women and men".
- "Film legend Marlon Brando dies". July 3, 2004.
- Tyrkus, Michael J. (2000). Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television. Gale / Cengage Learning. ISBN 978-0-7876-3187-1.
- "Stephen Blackehart".
- TromaMovies (September 4, 2015). "Lloyd Kaufman And Stephen Blackehart Have A Heart-To-Heart" – via YouTube.
- Bill Gibron (February 9, 2006). "LolliLove Review". DVD Talk. Retrieved February 18, 2009.
- Geoffrey Kleinman. "The Best Films Not in Theaters in 2005". DVD Talk. Retrieved February 18, 2009.
- Amazon Editorial Staff (2006). "Best DVDs of the Year So Far - Comedy". Amazon.com. Retrieved February 18, 2009.
- ISBN 978-1502970510