Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream
|Nutritional value per 105 g (1/2 cup)|
|Energy||280 kcal (1,200 kJ)|
32 g (11%)
|Dietary fiber||0 g (2%)|
|Saturated||10 g (51%)|
|Vitamin A equiv.||
|Energy from fat||130 kcal (540 kJ)|
|Cholesterol||60 mg (20%)|
|Ingredients||cream · skimmed milk · milk ·
milkfat · liquid sugar · sugar ·
water · corn syrup · wheat flour ·
egg yolk · coconut oil · butter ·
cocoa powder · vanilla extract ·
corn starch · soybean oil ·
palm oil · guar gum · salt ·
soya lecithin · carrageenan ·
soy flour · baking soda
|Percentages are roughly approximated using US recommendations for adults.
Source: Our flavors at Ben & Jerry's
Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream is a Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor inspired by Stephen Colbert, host of the CBS television show The Late Show and former host of The Colbert Report on Comedy Central, and first released in 2007.
AmeriCone Dream is vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and a caramel swirl. Colbert is donating the proceeds from the sale of AmeriCone Dream to charity through The Stephen Colbert AmeriCone Dream Fund. The Fund will support charities of concern to Colbert, such as food and medical assistance for disadvantaged children, helping veterans and their families, and environmental causes. Identified by co-owner Ben Cohen as the most patriotic flavor that Ben & Jerry's has ever done, Colbert also says that the flavor is perfect for any federal holiday.
On September 13, 2010, the nonprofit organization VolunteerMatch challenged Stephen Colbert to an on-air "Ice Cream Taste-Off" between AmeriCone Dream and another Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor, Berry Voluntary.
On March 3, 2011, Jimmy Fallon appeared on The Colbert Report to have a "duel" of their respective Ben & Jerry ice cream flavors. The skit also featured appearances by Jon Stewart of The Daily Show and Ben & Jerry founders Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. The skit ended with Fallon and Colbert singing a duet in peace.
On February 2, 2012, Stephen Colbert announced that AmeriCone Dream Ice Cream will be given away free at Ben and Jerry's Scoop Shops on February 14, 2012 from 5:00 p.m. through 8:00 p.m. as a promotion for the design of the new lid which features "Superpack," referring to the "Colbert Super PAC."
On February 15, 2012, Stephen Colbert appeared on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in yet another ice cream competition skit written to advertise both flavors.
On September 27, 2017 Colbert announced on his Late Night show that he will pledge $1000 through his AmeriCone Dream Fund for every pubescent celebrity photo Instagrammed or Tweeted under #PuertoRicoRelief or #PuberMe hashtags.
- Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream Archived December 1, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Stephen Colbert's Excruciating Brain Freeze, New York Magazine
- Fruitiness vs. Truthiness: VolunteerMatch Challenges Stephen Colbert to Taste-Off
- "Daniel Radcliffe thinks Burger's Priest is amazing and likes ice cream after sex". Now. 22 July 2014. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- Ramos, Dino Ray. "Stephen Colbert's Awkward Photo Campaign For Hurricane Victims Snaps Up Such Stars As John Oliver, Judd Apatow". Deadline. Deadline. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Ben & Jerry’s names new flavor for Colbert", MSNBC/Associated Press, February 15, 2007
- Freydkin, Donna. "Colbert: As AmeriCone as ice cream", USA Today, March 6, 2007
- "Colbert tops poll to name NASA space module". CNN. March 24, 2009.
- Nerenberg, Jenara. "Fruitiness vs. Truthiness: VolunteerMatch Challenges Stephen Colbert to Taste-Off", Fast Company, September 13, 2010
- "Daniel Radcliffe Dishes on His Favourite Post Sex Food", July 24, 2014