Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream
|Nutritional value per 105 g (1/2 cup)|
|Energy||280 kcal (1,200 kJ)|
32 g (11%)
|Dietary fiber||0 g (2%)|
|Saturated||10 g (51%)|
|Vitamin A equiv.|
|Energy from fat||130 kcal (540 kJ)|
|Cholesterol||60 mg (20%)|
|Ingredients||cream · skimmed milk · milk · |
milkfat · liquid sugar · sugar ·
water · corn syrup · wheat flour ·
egg yolk · coconut oil · butter ·
cocoa powder · vanilla extract ·
corn starch · soybean oil ·
palm oil · guar gum · salt ·
soya lecithin · carrageenan ·
soy flour · baking soda
|†Percentages are roughly approximated using US recommendations for adults. |
Source: Our flavors at Ben & Jerry's
Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream is a Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor inspired by Stephen Colbert, host of the CBS television show The Late Show and former host of The Colbert Report on Comedy Central, and first released in 2007.
AmeriCone Dream is vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and a caramel swirl. Colbert is donating the proceeds from the sale of AmeriCone Dream to charity through The Stephen Colbert AmeriCone Dream Fund. The Fund will support charities of concern to Colbert, such as food and medical assistance for disadvantaged children, helping veterans and their families, and environmental causes. Identified by co-founder Ben Cohen as the most patriotic flavor that Ben & Jerry's has ever done, Colbert also says that the flavor is perfect for any federal holiday. The name "AmeriCone Dream" is a pun on the term American Dream.
On September 13, 2010, the nonprofit organization VolunteerMatch challenged Colbert to an on-air "Ice Cream Taste-Off" between AmeriCone Dream and another Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor, Berry Voluntary.
On March 3, 2011, Jimmy Fallon appeared on The Colbert Report to have a "duel" of their respective Ben & Jerry ice cream flavors. The skit also featured appearances by Jon Stewart of The Daily Show and Ben & Jerry founders Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. The skit ended with Fallon and Colbert singing a duet in peace.
On February 2, 2012, Colbert announced that AmeriCone Dream Ice Cream will be given away free at Ben and Jerry's Scoop Shops on February 14, 2012 from 5:00 p.m. through 8:00 p.m. as a promotion for the design of the new lid which features "Superpack," referring to the "Colbert Super PAC."
On February 15, 2012, Colbert appeared on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in yet another ice cream competition skit written to advertise both flavors.
On September 27, 2017, Colbert announced on the Late Show that he will pledge $1000 through his AmeriCone Dream Fund for every pubescent celebrity photo Instagrammed or Tweeted under #PuertoRicoRelief or #PuberMe hashtags.
On January 21, 2019, Colbert and his Late Show guest Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ate AmeriCone Dream together after showing Ocasio-Cortez's Instagram post of her eating AmeriCone Dream ice cream at the end of a long and tiring day in Congress.
- "To a fair and balanced freezer section..." Ben & Jerry's. Archived from the original on December 1, 2007. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- "Stephen Colbert's Excruciating Brain Freeze". New York. March 6, 2007. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- "March 20, 2007: Willie Nelson". Colbert Nation. Archived from the original on February 1, 2009. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- Nerenberg, Jenara (September 13, 2010). "Fruitiness vs. Truthiness: VolunteerMatch Challenges Stephen Colbert to Taste-Off Ben & Jerry's is causing a buzz with its latest CSR and promotional efforts". Fast Company. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- "Watch Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallons ice cream battle royale". Gawker.com. March 3, 2011. Archived from the original on August 16, 2011.[dead link]
- Phillips, Graeme; Maddeaux, Sabrina (July 22, 2014). "Daniel Radcliffe thinks Burger's Priest is amazing and likes ice cream after sex". Now. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- Ramos, Dino Ray (September 30, 2017). "Stephen Colbert's Awkward Photo Campaign For Hurricane Victims Snaps Up Such Stars As John Oliver, Judd Apatow". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 1, 2017.
- Colbert, Stephen (Jan 22, 2019). "Rep. Ocasio-Cortez And Stephen Eat Ben & Jerry's". YouTube. Retrieved Jan 22, 2019.