|Full name||Stephen J. Coniglio|
|Date of birth||15 December 1993|
|Place of birth||Greenmount, Western Australia|
|Original team(s)||Upper Swan JFC / La Salle College|
|Draft||No. 2, 2011 National Draft, Greater Western Sydney|
|Height/Weight||181 cm / 84 kg|
|Current club||Greater Western Sydney|
|2012–||Greater Western Sydney||62 (21)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2015.
Stephen J. Coniglio (born 15 December 1993) is an Australian rules footballer who plays for the Greater Western Sydney Giants in the Australian Football League (AFL). He previously played for Swan Districts in the West Australian Football League (WAFL), and represented Western Australia at the 2010 and 2011 National Under 18 Championships, winning the Larke Medal as the best player in the competition in 2011. Drafted with the second pick in the 2011 AFL National Draft, Coniglio made his debut for Greater Western Sydney in the first round of the 2012 season, and was later nominated for the 2012 AFL Rising Star award.
Early life and junior career
Born in Greenmount, Western Australia, Coniglio attended La Salle College, a co-educational Catholic high school in Middle Swan. In his final year, he served as the school's head boy. Growing up, Coniglio excelled at both cricket and football. He played grade cricket for Midland-Guildford in the WACA district cricket competition. In five First Grade matches he made 111 runs at an average of 22.20 and taken five wickets at an average of 42.00, including 3/35 on his debut. Coniglio played both under-15 and under-17 cricket for Western Australia. He made 106 not out in the final of the 2009 National Under-15 Championships, the highest score by a Western Australian ever recorded at the tournament. In the 2010–11 Australian Under-17 Championships, he made 146 runs at an average 24.33, with a best of 78 not out against Victoria.
Coniglio also played junior football for Upper Swan Junior Football Club, falling into Swan Districts' WAFL recruitment zone. He made his senior debut for Swan Districts against Perth in round 22, 2010, at Steel Blue Oval, gathering 26 possessions and kicking two goals. In the 2010 WAFL Grand Final, he gathered 17 possessions and kicked four goals to be considered one of the best on the ground. Coniglio won the 2011 WAFL Rising Star Award, with a prize of $2000. At the age of 16, Coniglio represented Western Australia at the 2010 National Under 18 Championships, and captained Western Australia the following year at the 2011 Championships. He won the Larke Medal as the best player of the tournament, as well as being named Western Australia's most valuable player, and was selected on a wing in the Under 18 All-Australian team.
In September 2011, Coniglio confirmed he would nominate for the 2011 National Draft, ending speculation about which sport he would choose to play professionally. Considered likely to be selected by Greater Western Sydney with one of the first five picks in the draft, Coniglio was selected by Greater Western Sydney with pick two in the draft. He made his senior debut for the club in round one of the 2012 season, recording 17 disposals in a 63-point loss to Sydney. In round seven, after a 31-possession game in Greater Western Sydney's inaugural win over Gold Coast, Coniglio was nominated for the 2012 AFL Rising Star. Midway through the season, he injured his thumb, and missed four games after undergoing surgery. In total, he played 12 games for Greater Western Sydney in his debut season, spending parts of the latter half of the season with the club's reserves team in the North East Australian Football League (NEAFL).
- Statistics are correct to end of round 7, 2015 
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- SJ Coniglio - CricketArchive. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Miller, Dale and Russell Reid (2010). Swans let Coniglio bide his time – The West Australian online. Published 21 September 2010. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- Stephen Coniglio (Midland-Guildford) - Weet-Bix My Cricket. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Midland-Guildford break duck, get off the bottom - The West Australian. Written by Mark Hooper. Published 21 December 2010. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- WA Wins National Under 15 Champs - waca.com.au. Published 6 March 2009. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Batting and fielding for Western Australia Under-17s - CricketArchive. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Victoria Under-17s v Western Australia Under-17s, 19–20 January 2011, at Lindisfarne Oval, Hobart - CricketArchive. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Stephen Coniglio player profile - WAFLOnline. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Swan Districts wins thrilling grand final - wafootball.com.au. Written by Chris Pike. Published 20 September 2010. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Andrew Krakouer caps amazing return to football with winning goal for Swan Districts over Claremont in 2010 WAFL Grand Final - PerthNow. Written by Brad Elborough. Published 19 September 2010. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Cox takes home WA Footballer of the Year – The West Australian. Written by Russell Reid and Dale Miller. Published 15 September 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- Coniglio wins Larke Medal - afl.com.au. Written by Jason Phelan. Published 6 July 2011. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Metro dominate AA selections - afl.com.au. Written by Jason Phelan. Published 9 July 2011. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Coniglio's football passion wins out over cricket – PerthNow. Written by Chris Leitch. Published 12 September 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- WAFL draft watch:Stephen Coniglio - The West Australian. Written by Nick Rynne. Published 26 July 2011. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- GWS expects young ace Stephen Coniglio to pick footy over cricket - Herald Sun. Written by Jay Clark. Published 29 March 2011. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Stephen Coniglio- 2011 AFL Draft Prospect - contestedfooty.com. Written by James Rose. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- 2011 AFL Draft- Number one pick? - contestedfooty.com. Written by James Rose. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Phelan, Jason (2012). 'This is our town' – Australian Football League. Published 24 March 2012. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- Holmesby, Luke (15 May 2012). "The Con man". AFL BigPond Network. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- Giant Coniglio to miss four matches – Sydney Morning Herald online. Published 8 June 2012. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- Stephen Coniglio: Statistics – AFL Tables. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- Stephen Coniglio's player profile at AFL Tables