Stephen Conroy (artist)
|Born||1964 (age 58–59)|
Stephen Conroy (born 1964) is a Scottish figurative painter. He was born in Helensburgh. He studied at the Glasgow School of Art between 1982 and 1987. By 1989, Conroy's work had already gained much recognition and praise in the United Kingdom and internationally. The artist has remained in Scotland, where he currently lives and works.
In 1998, Conroy won the Grand Prize of Rainier III, Prince of Monaco.
Conroy's work is part of a number of public and private collections including The British Council, London, England; The Contemporary Art Society, London, England; Frissiras Museum, Athens, Greece; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, New York; National Portrait Gallery, London, England; Robert Fleming Holdings Ltd., London, England; The Royal College of Surgeons of England; Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, Edinburgh, Scotland; Scottish National Portrait Gallery, Edinburgh, Scotland; and the Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester, England.
- ^ "Stephen Conroy (1964-)". Archived from the original on 27 May 2001.
- ^ http://www.marlboroughfineart.com/exhibitions/view.asp?id=66
- 1964 births
- Living people
- 20th-century Scottish painters
- Scottish male painters
- 21st-century Scottish painters
- 21st-century Scottish male artists
- People from Helensburgh
- Alumni of the Glasgow School of Art
- Scottish contemporary artists
- 20th-century Scottish male artists
- Scottish painter stubs
- British painter, 20th-century birth stubs