Stephen Cox (writer)
This article needs to be updated.June 2017)(
Stephen L. Cox (born January 26, 1966) is an American freelance writer. He is the author of more than twenty books specializing in popular culture, film and television, including The Three Stooges, I Dream of Jeannie, The Munsters, The Addams Family and The Beverly Hillbillies. He is best known for his 1989 tribute to The Wizard of Oz entitled The Munchkins Remember. Cox is a 1988 graduate of Park University.
Cox's 2006 coffee-table biography of Three Stooges member Larry Fine, entitled One Fine Stooge: Larry Fine's Frizzy Life in Pictures, has received acclaim from fans of the enduring comedy team. Culling materials from Fine's personal archives, including hundreds of unpublished photographs, the project remains the definitive account of the middle Stooge. Cox co-wrote the book with author Jim Terry.[better source needed]
He has written for TV Guide, The Hollywood Reporter, US magazine, and has contributed feature stories to Los Angeles Times. Raised in St. Louis, Missouri, Cox graduated from Park College (now Park University) and has been interviewed on programs such as CNN and Biography.
- The Beverly Hillbillies: A Fortieth Anniversary Wing Ding (Contemporary Books, 1988) ISBN 1-58182-302-9
- The Munchkins Remember: The Wizard of Oz and Beyond (E. P. Dutton, 1989), ISBN 0525484868, 86 pp.
- The Addams Chronicles: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about the Addams Family (Harper, 1991), ISBN 0060968974
- Here's Johnny! (Crown Books, 1992; revised edition by Cumberland House, 2002) ISBN 1-58182-265-0
- The Munchkins of Oz (Cumberland House, 1996) ISBN 1888952040, 209 pp.: 3rd edition, revised and updated, Cumberland, 2002, ISBN 1-58182-269-3, 225 pp. OCLC 49492980
- Cooking in Oz, by Elaine Willingham and Steve Cox (Cumberland, 1999) ISBN 1-58182-051-8
- Dreaming of Jeannie: TV's Primetime in a Bottle (St. Martin's Press, 2000), ISBN 0312204175 – as by "Steve Cox"
- It's a Wonderful Life: A Memory Book (Cumberland House, 2003) ISBN 1-58182-337-1
- The Munsters: A Trip Down Mockingbird Lane (Watson-Guptill / Backstage Books, 2006) ISBN 0-8230-7894-9
- One Fine Stooge: Larry Fine’s Frizzy Life in Pictures, with Jim Terry [Cumberland House, 2006) ISBN 1-58182-363-0
- Literary Genius: 25 Classic Writers Who Define English & American Literature, (Paul Dry Books, 2007) (Illustrated by Barry Moser) ISBN 1589880358