Stephen D. Pryor
Stephen D. Pryor
Stephen Pryor, 2011
|Alma mater||Lafayette College, Harvard University|
|Occupation||President at ExxonMobil Chemical Company (2008-2015); vice-president of Exxon Mobil Corporation (2004-2015)|
|“Interview with Stephen D. Pryor ”, 2013, IHS World Petrochemical Conference|
|“Stephen Pryor '71 and Jack Neal Answer Questions About Natural Gas Extraction”, 2012, Lafayette College|
Stephen D. Pryor was president of ExxonMobil Chemical Company (a subsidiary of Exxon Mobile Corporation) from April 1, 2008 to January 1, 2015, and was vice-president of Exxon Mobil Corporation from December 1, 2004 to January 1, 2015. Pryor joined Mobil Corporation in 1971, and from then on held various national and international positions. He retired as of January 1, 2015. He is one of the top three shareholders of ExxonMobil stock.
Since joining Mobil Corporation in 1971, Pryor has held various financial and managerial positions with the company. These have included positions as general manager in Cyprus and New Zealand; as vice president of Mobil Chemical Company in the United States; and as president of Mobil Asia Pacific.
After Exxon and Mobil merged in 1999, Pryor became president of the ExxonMobil Lubricants & Specialties Company and a vice president of Exxon Mobil Corporation. In 2002 he became executive vice president of ExxonMobil Chemical Company and in 2004, president of ExxonMobil Refining & Supply Company. He was vice-president of Exxon Mobil Corporation from December 1, 2004 to January 1, 2015, and served as president of ExxonMobil Chemical Company (a subsidiary of Exxon Mobile Corporation) from April 1, 2008 to January 1, 2015.
Pryor has served on the Executive Strategy Group of the International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA), and is a proponent of the Responsible Care initiative, a voluntary global initiative to improve health, safety, and environmental performance within the chemical industry.
- 2015, Chemical Industry Medal from the Society of Chemical Industry
- 2015, Petrochemical Heritage Award from The Founders Club and the Chemical Heritage Foundation
- "Stephen D. Pryor President, ExxonMobil Chemical Company and Vice President, Exxon Mobil Corporation". Oil and Money. New York Times. Retrieved May 27, 2016.
- "Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM:New York) Stephen D. Pryor". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved May 27, 2016.
- "Stephen Pryor to Retire as President of ExxonMobil Chemical Company; Expected Appointment of Neil Chapman as President of ExxonMobil Chemical Company". ExxonMobil News. November 21, 2014. Retrieved May 27, 2016.
- Maverick, J.B. "The Top 3 Exxon Mobil Shareholders (XOM)". Investopedia. Retrieved May 24, 2016.
- "Steve Pryor to Receive 2015 Chemical Industry Medal". Society of Chemical Industry. Retrieved May 27, 2016.
- "Exxon-Mobil merger done". CNN Money. November 30, 1999. Retrieved May 27, 2016.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (December 2, 1999). "Exxon Mobil Corporation Names Corporate Vice Presidents; Division and Affiliate Presidents". PR Newswire. Retrieved May 27, 2016.
- "Petrochemical Heritage Award". Science History Institute. Retrieved March 24, 2018.