|Born||27 June 1959|
Adelaide, South Australia
|Period||1977 to present|
Contributing as a story editor, Dedman is also one of the team members behind Borderlands, a tri-annual Australian science fiction, fantasy and horror magazine published between 2003-2009 from Perth, Western Australia.
- The Art of Arrow-Cutting (Tor Books, 1997)
- Shadows Bite (Tor, 2001) (sequel to The Art of Arrow-Cutting)
- Foreign Bodies (Tor, 1999)
- Shadowrun: A Fistful of Data (ROC, 2006).
- Shadowrun: For a Few Nuyen More (Catalyst Game Labs) 2021
- The Lady of Situations (Ticonderoga Publications, 1999)
- Never Seen By Waking Eyes (Prime, 2005)
- Charm, Strangeness, Mass and Spin (Norstrilia Press, 2022)
- Bone Hunters: On the Trail of the Dinosaurs (Omnibus, 1998)
- May the Armed Forces Be With You: The Relationship Between Science Fiction and the United States Military (McFarland) 2016
- The Dirty Little Unicorn (Self-published, 1987)
- "The Lady of Situations" (1994) in Little Deaths (ed. Ellen Datlow)
- "Never Seen by Waking Eyes" (1996) in F&SF (ed. Kristine Kathryn Rusch)
- "Schrödinger's catalyst". F&SF. 93 (6). December 1997.
- "A Walk-On Part in the War" (1998) in Dreaming Down-Under (ed. Jack Dann and Janeen Webb)
- "Honest Ghosts" (1999) in Gothic.net July 1999
- "A Sentiment Open to Doubt" (2000) in Ticonderoga Online May 2000
- "Probable Cause" (2001) in Orb Speculative Fiction No. 2 (ed. Sarah Endacott)
- "Wastelands" (2002) in Agog! Fantastic Fiction
- "Madly" (2003) in Southern Blood: New Australian Tales of the Supernatural (ed. Bill Congreve)
- "The Wind Shall Blow For Ever Mair" (2003) in Gathering the Bones (ed. Ramsey Campbell, Jack Dann, Dennis Etchison)
- "Twilight of the Idols" (2004) in Conqueror Fantastic (ed. Pamela Sargent)
- "Dead of Winter" (2006) in Weird Tales March–April 2006 (ed. George H. Scithers, Darrell Schweitzer, John Gregory Betancourt)
- "Sleep no more". Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine. 41: 12–22. 2009.
- "Empathy" (2008) in Exotic Gothic 2 (ed. Danel Olson)
- "Wetwork" (2010) in Spells & Chrome (ed. Roc Books)
- "Fall" (May 2012) in Exotic Gothic 4 (ed. Danel Olson)
- "Large Friendly Letters" (2014) in Use Only As Directed (ed. Simon Petrie, Edwina Harvey)
- "From Whom All Blessings Flow" Asimov's April 1995
- Consensual (co-edited)
- Consensual: the Second Coming (co-edited)
- Consensual a trois. (co-edited)
- Borderlands Magazine
The Art of Arrow-Cutting was nominated for a Bram Stoker Award in the category of Best First Novel. In 1998 Dedman's "A Walk-On Part in the War" won the 1998 Aurealis Award for best fantasy short story. In 2001 "The Devotee" tied for the win with Terry Dowling's "The Saltimbanques" of the 2001 Ditmar Award for best short story. "Dead of Winter" won the 2006 Aurealis Award for best horror short story. Dedman has also received over 30 nominations for his work in awards such as the Aurealis Awards, Ditmar Awards, Gaylactic Spectrum Awards, the Bram Stoker Awards, and the Locus Awards.
- "Stephen Dedman answers the Usual Questions at Festivale Online Magazine".
- "The Locus Index to SF Awards: 1999 Aurealis Awards". Locus Online. Archived from the original on 24 April 2010. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "The Locus Index to SF Awards: 2001 Ditmar Awards". Locus Online. Archived from the original on 18 January 2010. Retrieved 1 October 2010.
- "The Locus Index to SF Awards: 2007 Aurealis Awards". Locus Online. Archived from the original on 23 April 2010. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "The Locus Index to SF Awards: Index of Literary Nominees". Locus Online. Archived from the original on 25 October 2010. Retrieved 1 October 2010.
- Mike Ashley & William G. Contento. The Supernatural Index: A Listing of Fantasy, Supernatural, Occult, Weird and Horror Anthologies. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1995, p. 204
- Stephen Dedman official website bibliography
- Electricstory author bio