Stephen Grant (comedian)
Stephen Grant (born 2 July 1973 in Brighton) is a British comedian, comedy writer, and radio presenter. He hosts the Krater Comedy Club at Komedia in Brighton, which won the Chortle Award for Best Comedy Club in the South for 2002–2006, 2008, and 2011–2014. In 2008 and 2011, Grant won the Chortle Award for Best Compère.
Of his one-hour comedy routine, The Stage wrote in 2004 that "Stephen Grant is nothing if not original. Supremely intelligent yet utterly accessible, his charm lies in the quick-fire speed of his mind." Grant has released two live comedy DVDs: Stephen Grant: Live at the Theatre Royal Brighton and Stephen Grant: Taken for Granted. In addition to emceeing in Brighton, he also hosts at The Comedy Store in London. He has performed around the UK and all over the world, and is a frequent stand-up comic at the Edinburgh Fringe.
- Brighton Komedia. Chortle. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- Stephen Grant. Chortle. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- Hawkins, Si. "Circuit Training 28: Stephen Grant". British Comedy Guide. 31 January 2011.
- Thompson, Helena. "Stephen Grant". The Stage. 2 September 2004.
- Shop. StephenGrant.com. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- 100 best comedy movies – contributors F-G. Time Out London. Retrieved November 2015.
- Stephen Grant. The Comedy Store. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- LONDON We Are Funny "MCing" Workshop with Stephen Grant. EventBrite.co.uk. Retrieved 22 July 2016
- Gammel, Caroline. "Comedian wins legal battle to joke about divorce". The Telegraph. 1 October 2010.
- Lister, David. "Where there's love, there's material for stand-up comics". The Independent. 8 October 2010.
- Logan, Brian. "Long live those mother-in-law (and ex-wife) jokes". The Guardian. 4 October 2010.