Stephen H. Hammond
He was the son of Clark Hammond. He attended the common schools and Ithaca Academy, and graduated from Geneva College in 1854. While in college, he also studied law, and was admitted to the bar. In 1856, he married Lucy Wadsworth Langdon (1835–1895), and they had one daughter.
While his uncle Elbridge G. Spaulding was state treasurer from 1854 to 1855, Hammond did some work for the Treasury. In 1856, he was appointed Deputy New York Attorney General and held the post por 16 years.
Later he was Chairman of the Board of Managers of the Willard Asylum for the Chronic Insane.
- Life Skeches of Government Officers and Members of the Legislature of the State of New York in 1875 by W. H. McElroy and Alexander McBride (pg. 193ff)
- General Catalog of Hobart College
- The funeral of Mrs. S. H. Hammond... transcribed from the Geneva Daily Times on July 19, 1895
- CHARGES AGAINST DR. MACY in NYT on February 8, 1901
- Obituary Notes; STEPHEN H. HAMMOND... in NYT on March 10, 1910
|New York Assembly|
Ambrose L. Van Dusen
|New York State Assembly
Ontario County, 1st District
|New York State Senate|
|New York State Senate