This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Stephen Hilton|
February 7, 1974|
England, United Kingdom
|Occupation(s)||Composer, music producer, musician|
Stephen Hilton is a composer, record producer and digital influencer. He lives in Los Angeles, California, and is married to internet celebrity Laura Clery.
Hilton's work on movie scores comprises some 20 Hollywood features including The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Megamind, and four James Bond movies including The World Is Not Enough and Quantum of Solace. Other credits include Ocean's 11, 12 and 13, Moulin Rouge!, Shaft, Zoolander, The Bone Collector, Plunkett and MacClean, Analyse That, Buffalo Soldiers and Luc Besson's Kiss of the Dragon.
More recently, Hilton joined his wife, digital star Laura Clery to form "Idiots Inc" - a digital media company, creating viral entertainment content and producing shows for TV / Digital and Commercials
Hilton wrote the original scores for New Town Killers (2008, Independent), The Children (2008, Vertigo Films), Cherrybomb (2009, Universal), Salvage (2009, Hoax Films), Third Star (2010, Independent), Sword of Vengeance (2015, Vertigo Films) and Kill Command (2016, Vertigo Films) among others. He collaborated with composer David Holmes on Code 46, Haywire and Hunger, which received critical acclaim worldwide.
Stephen produced acts such as Badly Drawn Boy, Miguel feat Wale – with Peter Asher, David Holmes and the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, co-wrote and produced the track "Drone Zone" with Siouxsie Sioux, for her solo album Mantaray. Stephen has worked with many artists and has contributed to the works of Gwen Stefani, Hans Zimmer, No Doubt, U2, Pharrell Williams, Jack White, Alicia Keys, Wale, Crystal Castles, Madonna, Moby, Dave Stewart, Depeche Mode, Ke$ha, Massive Attack, Mikky Ekko, Miguel, Shirley Bassey, Sky Ferreira, Purity Ring, FKA Twigs, Alanis Morissette, Chris Lake Moloko, Isaac Hayes, The Pet Shop Boys, Scott Walker, Pulp, David Holmes, Bomb the Bass, Mel C, The Divine Comedy, Dirty Vegas, Martina Topley-Bird, Natasha Bedingfield, Joy Zipper, The John Spencer Blues Explosion, David Arnold, Trevor Horn and Rick Nowels. He has also remixed songs by No Doubt, Sky Ferreira Orbital, Craig Armstrong and Primal Scream and provided many compositions for commercials for companies such as Apple (multiple spots), Ferrari / Shell, Mercedes, Audi, Guinness, VW, Levi's, Comme De Garcon, Sony, Renault Clio, Amex and Jean Paul Gaultier Stephen composed, produced and mixed the music for the National Movie Awards.
The Free Association
Stephen formed The Free Association with David Holmes. Together as a band of composers and producers they scored the futuristic love story, Code 46, directed by Michael Winterbottom. This resulted in a nomination for European Composer of the Year at the European Movie Awards. The Free Association also scored Bronwen Hughes' film Stander, based on a true story about South African chief of police in 1979. The Free Association's album received critical acclaim and the band embarked on an extensive European tour, performing at Glastonbury, V2003, Kristiansand and Roskilde and on BBC's Later with Jools Holland. The band's music features on a variety of car adverts, including a Renault Clio Campaign (UK) and a VW Campaign (Germany & Turkey). Other repertoire has been licensed to CSI – the American crime drama series amongst other TV series.
Stephen sometimes uses the moniker FlyKKiller (now called FLYKKLLR), his debut artist project . The album was reviewed by The Sunday Times as the "best psyched up twisted soul record of the year". The LP was released in October and the band were lauded by the British music press as one of the most important breakthrough acts of the year. His work is notable for integrating electronic music sounds with traditional orchestral arrangements. He is about to[when?] release the second "Zeitgeist"
Hilton has been married since 2012 to internet celebrity Laura Clery. He often appears in her comic videos called "Help Helen Smash"
Scores (as composer)
- "The Predator" -composer additional music
- "Romans" -composer
- "Kong Skull Island" -composer additional music
. "Jack Reacher Never Go Back" - composer additional music
- "The Pyramid Texts" Composer
- "Kill Command" Composer
- Sword of Vengeance Composer
- "The Big Leaf " (Def Jam films) Composer
- "Hungry Season 2 " (Def Jam films) Composer
- "The Amazing Spiderman 2" Composer additional music /arranger
- "Counting Backwrds" Composer
- "Drugs INC" Composer
- "Fast And Furious 6" additional music/arranger
- "Madagascar 3 Europes Most Wanted" additional music / arranger
- "The 84th Annual Academy Awards " additional music /arranger
- "Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon" – additional music
- "Man on a Ledge" – additional music
- Harry's Arctic Heroes" additional music
- "Third Star" Composer
- "The Journey" Composer
- Salvage Composer
- Only When I Dance (a.k.a. Vida Ballet) Composer
- Cherrybomb Composer
- The Children Composer
- New Town Killers Composer
- The 18th Electricity Plan Composer
- The War Within Composer
- Stander Composer
- Code 46 Composer
Scores (As Arranger/Music Programmer/Beats/Electronics/Remixes)
- "Kung Fu Panda 3" - additional music
- "Kick Ass 2" (rmx)
- "47 Ronin "
- "The Great Gatsby"
- GI Joe 2 : Retaliation"
- "The 84th Annual Academy Awards"
- "Wrath of the Titans"
- "Madagascar 3 Europes Most Wanted"
- "The Dilema"
- "Kung Fu Panda 2"
- "Assassin's Creed: Revelations"
- "How Do You Know"
- Quantum of Solace
- How To Lose Friends and Alienate People
- Ocean's Thirteen
- Hot Fuzz
- A Mighty Heart
- Four Brothers
- Buffalo Soldier
- Ocean's Eleven
- Kiss of the Dragon
- Moulin Rouge!
Music Programming credits
- Natasha Bedingfield – I Bruise Easily (4 track single)
- Doves – Black and White Town
- The John Spencer Blues Explosion – Damage ("Spoiled", "You Been My Baby")
- Mel C – Reason ("Home")
- Martina Topley-Bird – Quixotic ("Steve's (Day's of a Gun)")
- Moloko – Things To Make And Do ("The Time Is Now")
- Pulp – We Love Life (5 tracks)
- Pet Shop Boys – Nightlife ("In Denial")
- Depeche Mode – Only When I Lose Myself
- The John Spencer Blues Explosion – Blues Explosion
- National Movie Awards Theme
- Flykkllr – Album
- Siouxsie Sioux – Drone Zone
- David Holmes – Forthcoming Album
- Pati Yang – Silent Treatment
- Pati Yang – All That Is Thirst
- Free Association – David Holmes Presents The Free Association
- Free Association – Come Get It, Got It
- Craig Armstrong – Amber
- Craig Armstrong – Starless
- Craig Armstrong – Ruthless Gravity
- Children – Sell My Pulse
- No Doubt – Settle Down
- No Doubt – Lookin Hot
- Siouxsie Sioux – Here Comes That Day
- Primal Scream – Uptown
- Craig Armstrong – Glasgow
- Orbital – Gobsmack
- Kharma 45's – Political Soul
- Jacob Fletcher – Don't Go Down
- Answering Machine – Silent Hotels
- The 45 King – The 900 Number
- "Only When I Dance – Cast & Crew". Retrieved 2010-02-12.
- "Irish Examiner – "Maze hunger strike film opens to critical acclaim in Cannes". Irish Examiner. May 16, 2008. Retrieved 2010-02-12.
- "HotHouse Music". HotHouse Music. Retrieved 2009-11-03.
- "The Independent – David Holmes – The Soundtrack of our Lives". The Independent. August 29, 2003. Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- "Flykkiller – Official Website". Retrieved 2009-11-26.
- "Stephen Hilton on IMDb". Retrieved 2009-11-03.