Stephen Joseph Zand
Stephen Joseph Zand (September 18, 1898 – 24 January 1963) was an aeronautical pioneer who worked at the Sperry Gyroscope Co. and was later Vice-President of Engineering at the Lord Corporation. He solved many of the early problems related to vibrations and sound. He won the Wright Brothers Medal in 1931 for a paper on how vibration affects on-board instruments.
- Fellow, Royal Aeronautical Society
- Fellow, Institute of Aeronautical Sciences (later AIAA)
- Wright Brothers Medal, 1931
- Medal for Merit from the U.S. President
- Kholos, L. (2005) Courage and Innovation: The Story of the Lord Corporation, Albrecht & Associates, ISBN 0-9771758-0-4