Aaron Nathaniel Stephen Laughton|
RUN Off-West End Theatre Awards (Nominated for Best Male and Best Production)
RWD/FWD Drum Content Award (Nominated) and 2017 Charity Film Award (Win – Long Form)
RECOMPENSE New York International Film Festival Best Directorial Debut (Win – Short Form)
TOTTENHAM AYATOLLAH BAFTA (Win) and RTS Award (Win)
UNKNOWN WHITE MALEGrierson Film Award (Win) Academy Award (Nominated) British Independent Film Award (Nominated) Chicago International Film Festival Gold Hugo (Nominated) DGA Award (Nominated) Sundance Film Festival Grand Jury Prize for World Cinema (Nominated)
Stephen Laughton is an award winning British playwright. He was raised in Stourbridge, Worcestershire. He attended the Birmingham School of Speech and Drama, before completing a master's degree at the Central School of Speech and Drama. Based in London, he started his career as an associate producer and worked with Rupert Murray and Beadi Finzi on the Academy Award shortlisted Unknown White Male. He was part of the 2011/2012 Royal Court Theatre Invitational Writer's Group. His first play Marina Abramović is Staring at Me opened Terra Firma Theatre Company’s 2011-12 Boxcar Reading Series in New York at the Railroad Playhouse in Newburgh, NY. Before moving on to the Cell Theatre in Manhattan. In 2013 he was invited to take part in a series of developmental workshops with the Young Vic Theatre and SoundBites, and his short drama for young audiences, MERRY NEW YEAR was broadcast as part of collaboration between the Hampstead and the Roundhouse Theatre. Stephen is currently developing a feature film with Blacklisted Films. His play 9 (Lives) was part of the PlayWROUGHT#3 Festival at the Arcola Theatre in January 2015, and his play Run opened at the Vaults Festival in February 2016 to critical acclaim. Run then went on to tour the UK, ending its run at The Bunker Theatre in April 2017. The play has received widespread critical acclaim and has been nominated for two Off-West End Theatre awards. His 2016 short film RWD/FWD, has been nominated for a Drum Content Award and won the 2017 Long Form Charity Film Award. His 2016 play, SCREENS opened at Theatre503 to widespread critical acclaim.
Stephen co-directed a short-film, Recompense, based on the W. W. Jacobs short story The Monkey's Paw. The film screened at the BFI and was an official selection for the New York Independent Film Festival 2011, where it won the Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Directorial Debut in the Short Film Category.
- Marina Abramović is Staring at Me (2011): Terra Firma Theatre.
- Line (2012): Royal Court Theatre. (Short Play as part of the Young Writers Festival 2012)
- 9 (Lives) (2015): PlayWROUGHT#3 at the Arcola Theatre
- Run (2016): Vault Festival.
- Screens (2016): Theatre503.
- RWD/FWD (2016): Short Film
- Run (2016/2017): UK tour
- "Stephen Laughton". IMDb.
- "Stephen Laughton at The Royal Court Theatre". Royalcourttheatre.com. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- Raechel Bratnick. "Sunday, October 9, 2011 7pm 'Marina Abramovic is Staring at Me' a staged reading". Thecelltheatre.org. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "Default Parallels Plesk Panel Page". soundbites-live.co.uk.
- "Blacklisted Films - ….Please Wait…". blacklistedfilms.co.uk.
- "Arcola Theatre". arcolatheatre.com.
- http://www.vaultfestival.com/. Missing or empty
- "OffWestEnd.com - The_offies - The definitive guide to London's Off West End theatre scene, featuring listings and details for over 80 theatres, news, discussion and exclusive special offers". www.offwestend.com. Archived from the original on 15 July 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- kieran.mceniff_691 (2016-04-13). "The Content Awards 2016". The Drum Awards. Retrieved 2017-06-07.
- "The Charity Film Awards. | The Charity Film Awards". The Charity Film Awards. 2017-06-06. Retrieved 2017-06-07.
- "Screens | Theatre503 Screens | Book online or call the box office 020 7978 7040". theatre503.com. Retrieved 2017-06-07.
- "New York International Independent Film and Video Festival". Nyfilmvideo.com. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "Marina Abramovic is Staring at Me". Terra Firma Archive. Retrieved 2013-02-14.
- "Line". 100wordplays.com. 2012-03-24. Retrieved 2013-02-14.
- "Young Writers Festival 2012 at The Royal Court Theatre". Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- http://www.vaultfestival.com/event/run/2016-02-10. Missing or empty
- https://theatre503.com/whats-on/. Missing or empty
- "Fully Focused - Fully Focused". www.fullyfocusedproductions.com. Retrieved 2017-06-07.
- "RUN by Stephen Laughton | JW3". www.jw3.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-06-07.
- http://feastcreative.com, Feast Creative |. "The Bunker". www.bunkertheatre.com. Retrieved 2017-06-07.