Stephen Marley (musician)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Stephen Marley performing in 2007
|Also known as||Raggamuffin|
April 20, 1972 |
Wilmington, Delaware, US
|Occupation(s)||Executive producer, singer|
|Labels||Tuff Gong, Ghetto Youths International|
|Associated acts||Bob Marley
Stephen Robert Nesta "Raggamuffin" Marley (born April 20, 1972) is a Jamaican American reggae musician. Stephen is a six-time Grammy award winner as an artist, producer, and member of Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers. He is the son of reggae legend Bob Marley and Rita Marley.
His 2011 album Revelation Pt. 1 – The Root of Life won the Grammy Award for Best Reggae Album in 2012. The follow-up, Revelation Pt. 2 - The Fruit of Life is set to be released on July 22, 2016.
Stephen was born in Wilmington, Delaware, and raised in Kingston, Jamaica. He currently lives in Miami, Florida, where he has a home and a private recording studio. His eldest son, Joseph "Jo Mersa" Marley, is also a musician who recently released his EP "Comfortable". Stephen became a grandfather to a baby girl in 2016. She is the daughter of his eldest son Joseph.
- Mind Control (2007)
- Mind Control Acoustic (2009)
- Revelation Pt. 1 – The Root of Life (2011)
- Revelation Pt. 2 – The Fruit of Life (2016)
- "No Cigarette Smoking (In My Room)" featuring Melanie Fiona
- "Rock Stone" (2014) featuring Capleton & Sizzla
- "Hey Baby"
- "Ghetto Boy" (2015) featuring Bounty Killer & Cobra
- Grizzle, Shereita (2014) "Stephen Marley Lets 'Rock Stone' Loose", Jamaica Gleaner, March 30, 2014. Retrieved March 30, 2014
- Bobmarley.com (2016) "Stephen Marley announces the release of his new album", May 16, 2016. Retrieved May 22, 2016
- Jackson, Kevin (2014) "Jo Mersa: comfortable in his own skin", Jamaica Observer, 6 June 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2014