Stephen Marley (musician)
Stephen Marley performing in 2007
|Also known as||Raggamuffin|
April 20, 1972 |
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
|Occupation(s)||Executive producer, singer|
|Labels||Tuff Gong, Ghetto Youths International|
|Associated acts||Bob Marley
Stephen Robert Nesta "Raggamuffin" Marley (born April 20, 1972) is a Jamaican American musician. Stephen is a six-time Grammy award winner as an artist, producer, and member of Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers. He is the son of reggae legend Bob Marley and Rita Marley.
His 2011 album Revelation Pt. 1 – The Root of Life won the Grammy Award for Best Reggae Album in 2012. The follow-up, Revelation Pt. 2 - The Fruit of Life has been delayed several times and is believed to be due sometime in 2016.
Stephen was born in Wilmington, Delaware, and raised in Kingston, Jamaica. He currently lives in Miami, Florida, where he has a home and a private recording studio. His eldest son, Joseph "Jo Mersa" Marley, is also a musician who recently released his EP "Comfortable". Stephen became a grandfather to a beautiful baby girl in 2016. She is the daughter of his eldest son Joseph.
- Mind Control (2007) - Grammy winner for best reggae album
- Mind Control Acoustic (2009)
- Revelation Pt. 1 – The Root of Life (2011) - Grammy Winner for best reggae album
- Revelation Pt. 2 - The Fruit of Life (TBA), Ghetto Youths International
- "No Cigarette Smoking (In My Room)" featuring Melanie Fiona
- "Rock Stone" (2014) featuring Capleton & Sizzla
- "Hey Baby"
- "Ghetto Boy" (2015) featuring Bounty Killer & Cobra
- Official Stephen Marley Website
- Stephen Marley on MySpace
- Ghetto Youths
- Stephen Marley Takes Control: An Interview
- E's Concert Reviews: Stephen Marley, Damian Marley and K'naan