Stephen Morris (American football)
Morris with the Miami Hurricanes in 2012
|No. 7 Indianapolis Colts|
|Date of birth:||August 27, 1992|
|Place of birth:||Miami, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||218 lb (99 kg)|
|High school:||Miami Gardens (FL) M.E. Pace|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Practice squad|
|Career NFL statistics|
Stephen Morris (born August 27, 1992) is an American football quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at the University of Miami, and signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2014. Morris has also been a member of the Philadelphia Eagles.
As a true freshman in 2010, Morris appeared in six games with four starts. He finished the season completing 82 of 153 passes for 1,240 yards with seven touchdowns and nine interceptions. As a sophomore in 2011, he appeared in five games with one start. He completed 26 of 37 passes for 283 yards with two interceptions. As a junior in 2012, he entered the season as the starting quarterback and started all 12 of the Hurricanes games. On September 29, 2012, in a game against NC State, He set the ACC record for passing yards in a game with 566. He finished the season completing 245 of 421 passes for 3,345 yards with 21 touchdowns and seven interceptions. As a senior in 2013, he passed for 3,028 yards and 21 touchdowns. He finished his career with 7,896 yards with 49 touchdowns and 30 interceptions.
Following the 2014 NFL Draft, Morris was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jaguars released Morris on August 29, 2014. He was signed to the practice squad on August 31, 2014.
He was released on September 4, 2015.
On December 24, 2015, Morris was signed to the active roster of the Indianapolis Colts. On September 7, 2016, he was released by the Colts. He was signed to the practice squad the following day.
- "Stephen Morris named Miami QB over Ryan Williams". tribunedigital-sunsentinel.
- "NC State vs. Miami (FL) - Game Recap - September 29, 2012 - ESPN". ESPN.com.
- "Stephen Morris sets school, ACC passing records (566 yards) in...".
- "Cut day: C Mike Brewster, QBs Ricky Stanzi and Stephen Morris waived".
- Alfie Crow (September 1, 2014). "Jacksonville Jaguars announce initial 2014 practice squad". Big Cat Country.
- "Roster moves: Eighteen done, four to go".
- Berman, Zach (September 21, 2015). "Eagles sign QB Thad Lewis, release Stephen Morris". Philly.com. Retrieved September 21, 2015.
- "Indianapolis Colts make roster moves". blogs.colts.com. December 24, 2015. Retrieved December 24, 2015.
- "Indianapolis Colts Make Roster Moves".
- "Indianapolis Colts make practice squad moves". blogs.colts.com. September 8, 2016. Retrieved September 8, 2016.