Moyer in October 2013
||Stephen John Emery
11 October 1969
Brentwood, Essex, England, UK
||Actor and director
||Anna Paquin (2010-present)
Stephen Moyer (born Stephen John Emery; 11 October 1969) is an English film and television actor and director who is best known as vampire Bill Compton in the HBO series True Blood. Moyer's first television role was in 1993 as Philip Masefield in the TV adaptation of the play Conjugal Rites, written by actor/playwright Roger Hall. This was followed by the television film Lord of Misrule, filmed in Fowey, Cornwall, which also featured Richard Wilson, Emily Mortimer and Prunella Scales. In 1997, Moyer made his big-screen debut landing the lead role in the film adaptation of the long-running comic strip Prince Valiant by Hal Foster, working alongside Ron Perlman and Katherine Heigl.
Early life and career
Moyer was born in Brentwood, Essex. He attended St Martin's School, a comprehensive school in Hutton, Essex, and graduated from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA). He became Brentwood Theatre's first patron in October 2007, especially supporting their "Reaching Out, Building On" campaign to help fund the 2008 completion of backstage facilities.
After graduating from LAMDA, Moyer worked in theatre for five years. He worked with the National Theatre Wales, the Royal Shakespeare Company and the Oxford Stage Company, work which included going on tour and playing Romeo in productions of Romeo and Juliet. He then made the transition to television and film.
In August 2009, Moyer became engaged to actress Anna Paquin, who played his character's love interest in the HBO series True Blood. They had been dating since filming the series pilot in 2007. The couple married on 21 August 2010 at a private residence in Malibu, California. Moyer and Paquin have a son, Charlie, and a daughter, Poppy, who are fraternal twins born in September 2012. The family resides in Venice, Los Angeles.
Moyer also has a son, Billy, born in 2000 and daughter, Lilac, born in 2002.
Moyer at ComicCon, July 25, 2009
- ^ "England & Wales, Birth Index: 1916–2005" Retrieved on 2009-03-30.
- ^ Andreeva, Nellie (2007-04-07). "Moyer, HBO make 'Blood' pact". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2008-03-20.
- ^ "Conjugal Rites". Phill.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- ^ "Conjugal Rites". Gavinbarkerassociates.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- ^ "Prince Valiant Review". Movies.tvguide.com. Retrieved 2011-03-18.
- ^ "Prince Valiant (1997) by Liz Braun". AllMoviePortal.com. Retrieved 2011-03-18.
- ^ TV Guide (2008-10-9). "True Blood's Stephen Moyer Is Undead Sexy!" Retrieved on 2008-12-15.
- ^ Harris, Matt. Star backing from a homegrown hero. Brentwood Gazette. p. 8.
- ^ "Stephen Moyer Featured in Venice Magazine" Retrieved on 2009-07-20.
- ^ "True Blood – A love that never dies" Retrieved on 2009-08-05.
- ^ "'True Blood' Co-Stars Get Hitched." Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- ^ Michaud, Sarah; Jordan, Julie (11 September 2012). "Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer Welcome Twins". People. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- ^ "It's a Baby Boy and a Girl for Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer!". Life & Style. 14 November 2012. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- ^ "Stephen Moyer Reveals Names of Twins with Anna Paquin". People. 12 June 2013. Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- ^ "Exclusive: Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer Get Married!" Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- ^ "Hug for the kids and kiss for my wife: True Blood star Stephen Moyer is waved off at LAX by Anna Paquin". Daily Mail. 1 August 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- ^ "True blub? Shirtless Stephen Moyer cuts a more portly figure as he hits the beach". Daily Mail. 1 October 2012. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- ^ Eggenberger, Nicole (25 September 2013). "Stephen Moyer, Anna Paquin's Premature Twins Developing Well After "Touch and Go" Birth". Us Weekly. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- ^ Sneider, JEFF (Sep 15, 2011). "'True Blood's Stephen Moyer takes on Jersey Devil". VanityFair. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- ^ "TV: Scream 2009 Award Winners Announced" Retrieved on 2009-10-18.
- ^ "New Teen Choice categories for 'True Blood,' 'Transformers'" Retrieved on 2009-07-09.