Stephen Oremus (born 1971) is an American musician who has worked on Broadway theatre productions as musical director and as orchestrator. His credits include arranger and orchestrator for the music for Avenue Q, musical director and arranger for Wicked, arranger and orchestrator for All Shook Up, and musical director for 9 to 5. His orchestrations (with Larry Hochman) for The Book of Mormon won him a Tony Award in 2011, for Best Orchestrations. Oremus also won the Tony Award for Best Orchestrations for Kinky Boots.
Oremus served as orchestra conductor and music director for Rufus Wainwright's 2006 Judy Garland tribute concert, which was released as the 2007 album Rufus Does Judy at Carnegie Hall and DVD Rufus! Rufus! Rufus! Does Judy! Judy! Judy!: Live from the London Palladium.
Oremus is married to actor, singer, and dancer Justin Bohon.
2018 - Frozen - Conductor, Music Supervisor, Arrangements
2012 - Kinky Boots - Arrangements, Orchestrations, Vocal Supervision
2011 - The Book of Mormon - Co-Orchestrator, Vocal Arrangements, Music Director, Conductor, Keyboards
2008 - 9 to 5 - Keyboard 1, Conductor, Musical Director, Additional Orchestrations, Incidental Music Arrangements
2008 - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken - Musical Supervisor
2006 - High Fidelity - Vocal Arrangements
2005 - All Shook Up - Musical Supervisor, Arrangements, Orchestration
2003 - Wicked - Musical Supervisor, Conductor, Music Director, Music Arrangements
2003 - Avenue Q - Music Orchestrations, Musical Supervisor, Music Arrangements
- (June 13, 2011). "Tony Winners", The New York Times, p. C7.
- Wong, Wayman (February 1, 2005). "Singing the praises of a 'leading' arranger Archived 2012-10-15 at the Wayback Machine", Playbill.com; retrieved June 14, 2011.
- Klonsky, L. (May 3, 2011). "Tony Awards: Look Who Is Nominated: LHS alumni Stephen Oremus and Nikki M. James receive nod for their work in The Book Of Mormon", Livingston Patch; retrieved June 14, 2011.
- Small, Mark. "Breaking In On Broadway: New York alumni have made their mark in different quarters of the theater industry", Berklee Today; retrieved June 14, 2011.
- Velsey, Kim (July 20, 2012). "Broadway Stars Stephen Oremus And Justin Bohon Buy A Home in the Hit Factory", The New York Observer; retrieved August 3, 2012.