|Full name||Stephen Paisley|
|Date of birth||28 July 1983|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2007–2008||St. Patrick's Athletic||41||(4)|
|1999||Republic of Ireland U16||1||(0)|
|2002–2004||Republic of Ireland U21||7||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 October 2012.
Stephen Paisley (born 28 July 1983) is an Irish professional football player currently without a club. Paisley is a central defender. Signed for St.Mochtas of the Leinster Senior League July 2014.
Paisley joined Manchester City in 1999 and spent three and a half years with the club playing at both youth and reserve team level.
Stephen joined Longford Town in 2003 after being released by Manchester City in the summer. In his first season at Longford Town he won an FAI Cup medal and in 2004 he won a cup double as Longford retained the FAI Cup and won the League of Ireland Cup.
St. Patrick's Athletic
In March 2007 Paisley abruptly departed Longford Town on the eve of the new season after he was declared a free agent and he subsequently signed for St. Patrick's Athletic. In his two seasons with the Inchicore club he finished a Premier Division runner-up and in all competitions made 56 appearances scoring 4 goals. On 22 November 2008 Paisley and seven other St Patrick's Athletic players were released by the club as the clubs financial state deteriorated.
Despite offers from Shamrock Rovers, Paisley signed for First Division club Sporting Fingal in January 2009. He was appointed club captain and in conjunction with the club and Dublin City University he began a MSc in Finance and Capital Markets alongside his full-time football schedule. He achieved promotion and won the FAI Cup for a third time in his first season with the new League of Ireland entity. Paisley's spell at the club was hampered by injuries and he parted ways with Sporting Fingal in July 2010 as he accepted full-time employment in the financial services sector.
Paisley made a swift return to League of Ireland football by signing for Shelbourne on 17 August 2010, reuniting with his former Longford Town manager Alan Mathews at the Tolka Park club. In 2011 Paisley was instrumental in the Shelbourne gaining promotion back to the Premier Division and their Cup progress. He was awarded man of the match in the 2011 FAI Cup Final and later won the League of Ireland 'Player of the Month' award for November.
On 16 January 2013 Paisley signed for Bohemians for the upcoming League of Ireland campaign. He made his league debut for the club against Sligo Rovers at Dalymount Park on 29 March. In May of that year, Stephen left the club after only 4 league appearances due to work commitments.
Paisley has represented Ireland at U16,U18,U19,U20 and U21 level and has competed at an U19 FIFA European Championship and U20 FIFA World cup.
Airtricity SWAI Player of the Month Award November 2011.
- Cherry Orchard FC – History www.cherryorchardfc.com
- Soccer: Manchester City link up with Cherry Orchard www.rte.ie
- Paisley takes hard knocks in his stride www.independent.ie
- Premiership ins and outs news.bbc.co.uk
- Big Richmond Park welcome expected for Kerr www.breakingnews.ie
- Players to leave St. Pats www.stpatsfc.com
- Rovers sign Bradley and Cahill www.rte.ie
- DCUBS Students triumph in FAI Ford Cup Final with Sporting Fingal www.dcu.ie
- Stephen Paisley clubs.a2zsoccer.com/PlayerTeamProfiles
- Big Changes at Sporting Fingal extratime.ie
- Stephen Paisley signs for the Reds www.shelbournefc.com
- http://www.airtricityleague.ie/clubs/first-division/shelbourne/latest-news/3868-paisley-named-november-airtricity-swai-player-of-the-month AirtricityLeague.ie