|9th Governor of the Bank of Canada|
June 3, 2013
|Preceded by||Mark Carney|
|President and CEO of Export Development Canada|
|Appointed by||Stephen Harper|
|Preceded by||Eric Siegel|
|Succeeded by||Pierre Gignac - acting|
|Born||1956 (age 60–61)
|Alma mater||Queen's University
University of Western Ontario
Stephen S. Poloz is a Canadian banker and current Governor of the Bank of Canada. He is the ninth Governor of the Bank of Canada. He is also a member of the board of directors for the Bank of International Settlements.
Poloz holds a B.A. (Honours) in economics from Queen's University, and a M.A./Ph.D in economics from the University of Western Ontario. He is also a graduate of Columbia University's Senior Executive Program, and is a Certified International Trade Professional. His PhD thesis was on currency movements.
Poloz spent 14 years with the Bank of Canada (1981-1994) before leaving as Chief of Research Department to become managing editor of BCA Research from 1994 to 1999. Poloz joined Export Development Canada agency in 1999 and became its President and CEO in 2010. He has been a visiting scholar with "Economic Planning Agency" in Tokyo and at the International Monetary Fund in Washington D.C.
Poloz holds an honorary Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) designation from the Forum for International Trade Training. He is a past president of the Ottawa Economics Association. 
- Stephen Poloz appointed Governor of Bank of Canada, Bank of Canada press releases, May 2, 2013.
- "Board of Directors". Bis.org. 1 December 2015. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- Poloz biography, Parliament of Canada website; accessed June 9, 2017.
- Canada's new central-bank governor: After Carney, Economist.com, May 11, 2013.
- Dark clouds to greet Stephen Poloz's first day at his dream job (personal details about Stephen Poloz), Globe and Mail, May 4, 2013.
- Poloz profile, bilderbergmeetings.org; accessed June 9, 2017.
- "QBC Ottawa featuring Stephen Poloz". smith.queensu.ca. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Stephen S. Poloz". www.bankofcanada.ca. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- Stephen Poloz profile, BankofCanada.ca; accessed June 9, 2017.