Stephen Randall (political scientist)
|Alma mater||University of Toronto|
Stephen James Randall, FRSC is a history professor at the University of Calgary, director of the University of Calgary's Latin America Research Centre, author, academic, civil-right advocate, oil policy expert, and more recently a progressive political activist.
Randall's scholarship has focused on oil policy, Canada-United States relations, and inter-American relations.
Human Rights, Civil Liberties
He founded the Rocky Mountain Civil Liberties association as its first president. Working for the United Nations, the Carter Presidential Centre and the Organization of American States, Stephen ensures elections are run fairly, builds communities and helps people in developing countries find a way out of poverty. He has worked on elections in Cambodia, Nicaragua, Venezuela, El Salvador and Jamaica over the past twenty years.
|Canadian federal election, 2011|
|New Democratic||Paul Vargis||8,048||15.99||+0.67||$15,914.50|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||50,318||100.00||$|
|Total rejected ballots||200||0.40||–|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-04-01. Retrieved 2011-04-03. University of Calgary: Stephen Randall (Accessed April 2011)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-09. Retrieved 2011-04-08. Royal Society of Canada: Stephan Randall (Accessed April 2011)
- http://www.onlinecic.org/calendar/haitithecontinuingchallengeofafailedstate Canadian International Council:Haiti: The Continuing Challenge of a Failed State (Accessed April 2011)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-08-24. Retrieved 2011-04-08. Canadian Defense and Foreign Affairs Institute (Accessed April 2011)
- "Liberals name candidate for Calgary Centre-North". CBC News. January 7, 2011. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- Gordon T Stewart (1996) Canada and the United States: Ambivalent Allies by John Herd Thompson; Stephen J Randall; The American historical review. 101, no. 2,: 456
- Scott W See (1995) Review of Canada and the United States: Ambivalent Allies by John Herd Thompson; Stephen J Randall, The Journal of American History, Dec., vol. 82, no. 3, p. 1278-1279
- David C Hendrickson (1995) Review of Canada and the United States: Ambivalent Allies by ; John Herd Thompson; Stephen J Randall, Foreign Affairs, May - Jun., 1995, vol. 74, no. 3, p. 176-176
- George Feaver (1995) Canada and the United States - Ambivalent allies by John Herd Thompson; Stephen J Randall, TLS, the Times literary supplement. no. 4814, : 25
- Richard D Challener (1996) Review of Canada and the United States: Ambivalent Allies by John Herd Thompson; Stephen J Randall, Contemporary Sociology: A Journal of Reviews, Mar., vol. 25, no. 2, p. 218-220
- Jeffrey Ling (1996) Review of Canada and the United States: Ambivalent Allies by John Herd Thompson; Stephen J Randall, Canadian Journal of Political Science / Revue canadienne de science politique, Sep., vol. 29, no. 3, p. 590-591