Stephen S. Roach
|Stephen S. Roach|
|Born||September 16, 1945|
University of Wisconsin–Madison|
New York University
|Occupation||economist, senior fellow|
Stephen Samuel Roach (born September 16, 1945) is an American economist and serves as senior fellow at Yale University’s Jackson Institute for Global Affairs and a senior lecturer at Yale School of Management. He was formerly chairman of Morgan Stanley Asia and chief economist at Morgan Stanley, the New York-based investment bank.
After earning his Ph.D., Roach was a research fellow at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C. Roach served on the research staff of the Federal Reserve Board in Washington, D.C. from 1972 until 1979, supervising the preparation of the official Federal Reserve projections of the U.S. economy. From 1979 until joining Morgan Stanley, Roach was Vice President for Economic Analysis for the Morgan Guaranty Trust Company in New York.
Roach was with Morgan Stanley for 30-plus years and was the investment bank's chief economist since 1991, serving as head of the firm's global team of economists in New York, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Paris.
- Roach, Stephen, Unbalanced: The Codependency of America and China (2014)
- Roach, Stephen, The Next Asia: Opportunities and Challenges for a New Globalization, (Wiley 2009)
- Stephen Roach, Yale School of Management web bio. Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- "Stephen S. Roach - Project Syndicate". Project Syndicate. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- The China Challenge May 8, 2014 issue New York Review of Books
- Stephen Roach (28 January 2014). Unbalanced: The Codependency of America and China. Yale University Press. ISBN 978-0-300-18717-5.
- Column archive at Project Syndicate
- Column archive at The Globalist
- Column archive at Aljazeera
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Stephen S. Roach on Charlie Rose
- Works by or about Stephen S. Roach in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- "Stephen S. Roach collected news and commentary". The New York Times.
- Video of Stephen Roach discussing 'The Next Asia' at the Asia Society in New York, September 30, 2009
- "Stephen Roach". JSTOR.