Susco in 2007
|Born||1974 (age 44–45)|
|Alma mater||University of Notre Dame|
Bridget Foley (m. 2005)
Stephen Susco is an American screenwriter, producer, and director. He is best known for writing horror films such as The Grudge, The Grudge 2, and Texas Chainsaw 3D. His directorial debut film, Unfriended: Dark Web, had its premiere at SXSW on March 9, 2018.
Susco graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 1995, and from USC School of Cinema-Television in 1999. He appears as a character in Jonathan Maberry's Ghost Road Blues trilogy, alongside Ken Foree, Jim O'Rear, Tom Savini, and Debbie Rochon. Susco also wrote the 2008 film Red and then he wrote Texas Chainsaw 3D, which released in 2013 by Lionsgate. He wrote the storybook to the Paramount Pictures project The Butcherhouse Chronicles. He also co-wrote and co-produced the Adrien Brody film, High School. In 2018, his directorial debut film, Unfriended: Dark Web premiered at SXSW on March 9.
Susco married author Bridget Foley in 2005. They live in Bellevue and have two children.
|1996||Mr. October||Producer||Short film|
|1998||Express: Aisle to Glory||Production sound|
|2004||The Grudge||Screenplay by|
|2005||Intoxicated Demons||Associate producer||Short film|
|2006||The Grudge 2||Written by|
|2007||Last Call||Executive producer||Short film|
|2009||Evil Things||Special thanks|
|One Hour Fantasy Girl||Very special thanks|
|2010||High School||Screenplay by, executive producer||Co-wrote with John Stalberg Jr. and Erik Linthorst|
|2013||Texas Chainsaw||Story by||Co-wrote story with Adam Marcus & Debra Sullivan|
|The Human Race||Special thanks|
|2014||Beyond the Reach||Screenplay by, executive producer|
|2017||The Muse||Special thanks|
|2018||Unfriended: Dark Web||Director, written by|
|Hell Fest||Story by||Co-wrote story with William Penick & Christopher Sey|
- Ghost Road Blues - A new novel from Jonathan Maberry Archived November 5, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Interview With Jonathan Maberry: Part Two. "BC Books Interviews Author Jonathan Maberry". Blogcritics.org. Archived from the original on 2011-11-23. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- Maberry, Jonathan. "Bad Moon Rising". Pinnacle Press, 2005.
- Horror Chronicles Features Debbie Rochon Archived February 21, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- "MTV Artist Focus On Tom Savini". Mtv.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Horror Unlimited Ingrid Pitt Award - Debbie Rochon". Horrorunlimited.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- Holden, Stephen (2008-08-08). "Red". The New York Times.
- <%- movieName %> (2008-08-08). "EXCL: Red Screenwriter Stephen Susco". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- By MrDisgusting on October 9, 2009 (2009-10-09). "Twisted Revs Up 'Texas Cainsaw' in 3D". Bloody-disgusting.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- By MrDisgusting on November 11, 2009 (2009-11-11). "Stephen Susco Doing Rewrite on 'Butcherhouse Chronicles'". Bloody-disgusting.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- Squires, John (10 March 2018). "Blumhouse Unleashes Secret Sequel 'Unfriended: Dark Web' at SXSW". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- Campbell, Megan (15 June 2015). "Happy Endings: A relationship built on stories". theeastsidescene.com. Archived from the original on 11 March 2016. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|