Tulloch in the 2011 NFL season.
|No. 55 Detroit Lions|
|Date of birth:||January 1, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Miami, Florida|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school:||Miami (FL) Killian|
|College:||North Carolina State|
|NFL draft:||2006 / Round: 4 / Pick: 116|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 11, 2013|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Stephen Michael Tulloch (born January 1, 1985) is an American football linebacker for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League. He played college football at North Carolina State, and was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the fourth round of the 2006 NFL Draft.
After graduating from Miami Killian High School, Tulloch played college football at North Carolina State and was the MVP of the Meineke Car Care Bowl in a 2005 victory over the University of South Florida. After his junior season, he announced that he would forgo his senior season and enter the 2006 NFL Draft.
Tulloch signed a one-year deal with the Detroit Lions on July 31, 2011. During his first year with the Lions he started all 16 games, recording 111 tackles, three sacks and two interceptions. One of his sacks was against Tim Tebow where he celebrated the sack by tebowing. He re-signed to a five-year contract with the Lions on March 20, 2012. In 2012, Tulloch was named recipient of the Detroit Lions-Detroit Sports Broadcasters Association/Pro Football Writers Association's Media-Friendly "Good Guy Award" for his interactions with the media in Detroit. On September 21, 2014, Tulloch tore his ACL while celebrating a sack of Aaron Rodgers in the first quarter of the week 3 game against the Green Bay Packers. He was placed on Season ending injured reserve on September 22, 2014.
- "Espn.Com - Ncf - Meineke Car Care Bowl". Sports.espn.go.com. 2005-12-31. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- [dead link]
- "Lions sign Stephen Tulloch | ProFootballTalk". Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Lions' Tulloch celebrates sack by 'Tebowing' Tebow | NFL | Sporting News". Aol.sportingnews.com. 2011-10-30. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "2012 NFL free agency - Detroit Lions re-sign Stephen Tulloch to five-year deal". Espn.go.com. 2012-03-20. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Lions LB Stephen Tulloch out for season with torn ACL". Detroitnews.com. 2014-09-22. Retrieved 2015-09-29.