Stephen Vincent Benét House
Stephen Vincent Benet House
|Location||2500 Walton Way, Augusta, Georgia|
|NRHP Reference #||71000286|
|Added to NRHP||November 11, 1971|
|Designated NHL||November 11, 1971|
Stephen Vincent Benét House (commonly referred to as Benét House), also known as President's Home, Augusta College, Commandant's House; Augusta Arsenal, is a house in Augusta, Georgia. It was the home of the Commandant of the Augusta Arsenal.
The poet and writer Stephen Vincent Benét lived and wrote here.
It is used as the President's House of what was known as Augusta College, and is now Augusta State University.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2007-01-23.
- "Stephen Vincent Benet House". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination: President's House, Augusta College / Stephen Vincent Benet House (pdf), National Park Service, , 19 Check date values in:
|date=(help) and PDF (32 KB)
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. GA-251, "U.S. Arsenal, Walton Way Vicinity, Augusta, Richmond County, GA", 6 photos, 4 data pages, supplemental material (includes photos of barracks and assistant commander's house that are of similar style to commandant's house, not pictured)
- Augusta, Georgia, a National Park Service Discover Our Shared Heritage Travel Itinerary
|This article about a property in Georgia on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|