Stephen Waddams is a Canadian jurist and law professor. He has taught at the University of Toronto Faculty of Law since 1968. He holds degrees from the University of Toronto, the University of Michigan and Cambridge University.
Waddams' specialty is contract law and he has published seven books on it and other private law topics. He was elected a fellow of the Royal Society of Canada in 1988. From 1988-1989, he was a Visiting Fellow at All Souls College, University of Oxford. As a student, he was editor-in-chief of the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review in 1968.
- The Law of Contracts, 1977
- Introduction to the Study of Law, 1979
- Dimensions of Private Law: Categories and Concepts in Anglo-American Reasoning, 2003
- Principles and Policy in Contract Law: Competing or Complementary Perspectives? (Cambridge University Press, 2011).
- University of Toronto. "Faculty of Law:Faculty Pages". Retrieved 2008-11-27.
- "Carswell Authors". Retrieved 2008-11-27.
- RSC: The Academies of Arts, Humanities and Sciences of Canada. "Membership". Retrieved 2008-11-27.[dead link]
- All Souls College. "Fellows...Former Visitors". Archived from the original on October 24, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-27.
- Maclaren, Malcolm (1997). "A History of the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review". University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review. 55 (2). Retrieved 2009-10-03.