|The Very Reverend
|Dean of Chichester|
|Diocese||Diocese of Chichester|
|In office||February 2015 – present|
|Other posts||Archdeacon of Dorset (2010–2015)|
by John Waine (deacon)
|Birth name||Stephen John Waine|
|Born||May 1959 (age 58)|
|Alma mater||University of East Anglia|
Waine was born in 1959, son of John Waine, later Bishop of Stafford, of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich and of Chelmsford. He studied Economic and Social Studies at the University of East Anglia and graduated Bachelor of Arts (BA) in 1980. He then trained for the priesthood at Westcott House, Cambridge.
Waine was made a deacon at Petertide 1984 (1 July) by his father, the Bishop of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich, at St Edmundsbury Cathedral (by letters dimissory from the vacant See of Lichfield). He was ordained a Church of England priest the next year, 1985. He then served his curacy at St Peter's Church, Wolverhampton. He was Succentor at St Paul's Cathedral from 1988 to 1993. After this, he was Vicar of St Edward the Confessor Church, Romford. In 2010, he was appointed Archdeacon of Dorset.
- "Archdeacon Stephen Waine named as new Dean of Chichester". BBC News. 19 November 2014. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- Salisbury diocese website
- Waine, Stephen John. ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who. 2017 (November 2016 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "The Ven Stephen Waine - bio" (doc). Who's Who. Diocese of Salisbury. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Petertide ordinations (Archived; subscription only)". Church Times (#6334). 6 July 1984. p. 4. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 22 June 2017. (Subscription required (. ))
- Crockfords (London, Church House, 1995) ISBN 0-7151-8088-6
- Church details
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|